Tuna Melt and Orange Shift

redbourn

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
best-food.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Second picture using my new lightbox and camera.

Discovered that the Nikon D3300 has a slight orange shift and hope I fixed it in this photo.

I later came across an article about this and have changed my camera from "standard" to "neutral" and will see if that solves the problem.

Picture Controls Step-by-Step from Nikon

It was suggested that I get in closer on the main object of photo and not draw attention to the sides which is what I did here.

Comments on the photo would be very welcome.

The foreground plate was light gray.

Thank you, Michael

P.S. I'm a beginner and only four months into photography but photos aren't allowed in the beginners forum.

@TimCampbell

tuna melt.jpg

Last edited:
Just to clarify how posting works on TPF: It's fine to post images in the Beginner's Forum, or Beyond the Basics if they relate to a specific issue (eg, "What is this dark band on the edge of my image?", but when posting for critique, all images should be posted in the appropriate image gallery. These galleries are for posting of images by users of ALL skill levels. The only gallery which differentiates is the Professional Gallery which is for posting of images from which you earn money or that are done in another professional capacity.

Just to clarify how posting works on TPF: It's fine to post images in the Beginner's Forum, or Beyond the Basics if they relate to a specific issue (eg, "What is this dark band on the edge of my image?", but when posting for critique, all images should be posted in the appropriate image gallery. These galleries are for posting of images by users of ALL skill levels. The only gallery which differentiates is the Professional Gallery which is for posting of images from which you earn money or that are done in another professional capacity.
Thanks.

The lighting seems to highlight the top of the roll, I would use a reflector or another light to light up the filling and tone down the roll.

I have a big reflector which I used but will maybe have to use small white cards or foam to highlight such a small area.

Most reactions

Back