Tunnel pic.. (yes I know)...

s_garoupa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
cliched? Yes. Blown highlights? Definitely. Do I still like it? You bet.

IMG_0371.jpg

You know what...? So do I!!! ;O)

I'm still a noob at this...but is the light at the end of the tunnel a bit too bright?

Thanks!

Yeah, it is a bit too bright, but if I lessen the brightness of the photo you begin to see details that I find even more distracting. I'm dealing with Lightroom 1.4, and although I'm not too sure, I don't think they have a tool to change the brightness of a specific area in the photo.

I think the blown highlights work in this shot. Especially at the end of the tunnel. It gives me the feeling of the bright light that some near death experiences report combined with the "light at the end of the tunnel" idiom. Kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel is Heaven.

Very nice!

There are blown highlights and blown highlights.

BHs only are a pain if they swallow a nice blue sky or if they swallow important detail of the scene.

I your shot none of this applies. If you stood there, you would probably also have subjectively seen the highlights blown with your eyes.

I other words, the BHs do not hurt this image at all.

Cliched is fine, it works here. Blowned highlights also. I would even suggest blowing the highlights on the street marks to match the brightness of the lights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back