Turbines in the Landscape

I think that #3 does the best job of conveying size.............:D

I think that #3 does the best job of conveying size.............:D

Thanks for commenting, Larry. I agree with #3 conveying size the best, but it's kind of a bland shot. This one was later in the day when the sun was about to set, giving the sky that unreal blue colour.

The other thing that was kind of interesting is that the pattern of turbines often made for interesting rhythms like phone poles, but they are actually so far apart it is hard to get the rhythm without a really quick fall off due to distance. It sounds like I am complaining, but it is more an appreciation for the scope of the way we see versus how difficult it is to translate what we see to into 2D.

Im really loving the last one! I really like the mood of it. That ISO at 1600 could have came down a tad though. :mrgreen:

Mark

Im really loving the last one! I really like the mood of it. That ISO at 1600 could have came down a tad though. :mrgreen:

Mark

Thanks, Mark. Yeah, looking back at the EXIF, I didn't need to be at 1/500th on a wide angle lens.

*rummages through excuse bag*

Can't think of a really good reason, except I had been shooting handheld with my 300mm earlier and may have forgotten to ease off a bit when I switched lenses.

Thats a good one. Ill have to use that next time I forget to take the ISO down. :lol:

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back