Turning NIGHT into DAY

Blitz55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this article on Yahoo.
Thought it was interesting and wanted to post it here.

Day at Night | The Upshot Yahoo! News

Here's something you don't often see: photos that look like they were snapped during the day, but were actually taken at night.
The website Gizmodo challenged its readers to send in their best shots that use manual cameras and long exposures to create the day-during-night effect. Below is a slideshow of some of the mesmerizing results. You can view the entire collection of photos on Gizmodo.
Claudine Zap writes for Yahoo!.

Click image to see more incredible day-at-night photos

0cb428971722a4086c0f4ca3bd81ff35.jpeg

Yup, didn't try for a long shutter speed but something similar the other night when it was snowing. Looks very interesting, gonna have to try that with longer shutter speed.

168914_498595183369_781018369_6269785_4653775_n.jpg

Now they say they did that with a long shutter speed, but how did they do that but not get motion on the water in some of those?

There's likely a lot of post processing going on too, but regardless, some of those are really great shots.

Definately some intense postprocessing on some of those, but its still an interesting idea.

Regards,
Jake

One of my favorite kinds of photography! I know several members couldn't figure out the time this one was taken at:

IMG_9237small.jpg

One of my favorite kinds of photography! I know several members couldn't figure out the time this one was taken at:

IMG_9237small.jpg

No longer than 5 minutes. Probably more along the lines of 3. Here's a link, in case no one saw it. 175 Photos of Day Taken at Night

Gizmodo hosts a 'shooting challenge' every week. Really cool shots every week. Plus it gives us all an excuse to shoot.

One of my students sent me that link, interesting, but for me boring. I would rather understand it is a night shot, not have to be told it was taken at night but looks like day.

Colors at night can be wonderful and open up new ways of thinking, but these don't allow for that experience (imho)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back