Turtle's Rescue

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In response to Clark Kent's story, this snapping turtle was in the roadway & traffic was about to crush the little fella. I used my foot to scoot him "along". I got him to the edge of the roadway & he turned & tried to get back on the road again. I nudged him along again & he snapped at me & grabbed my boot. Tough little critter. Then this giant, tall turtle came along & tried to cross the road. Scooted him along as well. I had my hands full of nature that day (Apr 25th)!

#1 Turtle in roadway:

Turtle-snapping-2515-.jpg

#2 Back at road's edge:

Turtle-snapping-by-road.jpg

#3 Giant tall turtle trying to cross the road:

BCS-tall-turtle-2524-.jpg

Good photos and great job for stopping and moving them out of the way.

Good thing that was rescued. I hit one with my car one time, and it feels like your driving over the rocky mountains!

He stretched his neck out (faster than I thought he could move) and grabbed onto my boot. Then I was moving fast. But, I did get him on his way toward the ditch & away from traffic. I'm sure he thought I intended to do him harm, which I wasn't.

Only you two! That tall turtle looks like someone I know. At least the tall turtle seems to be looking both ways before he crosses.

Ooooo, I do like the photo of that GIANT TURTLE with this peculiar paw to which there is something black attached ... ;)
You two are planning to take a trip over to GERMANY next year at the end of May, aren't you????
I would love to meet that "GIANT TURTLE" here, looks cool :biggrin: - giant-turtle-mama should come along, too!!!! (Erm :scratch: ... or whose mother is "Scooter" again ... Oops, getting confused, she is ONE of yours mom, I know that!)

That would be my wonderful mother. And we should go to grmany sometime, I have always wanted to go there but never had the chance.

Lot of good those shades were doing me on top of my head!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back