Two Adorable Girls

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I NEVER get to shoot little girls (always stinky boys!), so I was really excited about this.

p843233856-4.jpg

p558757942-4.jpg

p718628923-4.jpg

p813130582-4.jpg

p673305823-4.jpg

p856407102-4.jpg

p999603911-4.jpg

p913972684-4.jpg

9. This one was candid while her mom was trying on different hats so the light isn't great, but it still turned out to be adorable.
p758204382-4.jpg

Nawwwwwww. I like #5; very nice composition and the choice of B&W works perfectly. A superb set madame. :D

I like them, cute. But the younger girl looks hot and sweaty

Lyncca - Your photos are always so amazing. I love all of these and wish I could shoot people this well and this consistently. Hopefully someday I can get to this point.

What lens did you use for most of these....is this with the 80-200 f2.8 that you were planning to get?

This is fantastic work!! Keep 'em coming :D

casper need sun lol. either that or shes was over exposed hehe. i bet it would turn out good if you had a gold reflector or something that would put some color on that girl. not that it doesnt look good :)

I can see that in 6. her cheeks do look a bit pink in the "hot" sort of way as opposed to blush, but it's still good shot. In 7. the reflection off of her right temple area does make it look a bit muggy. <EDIT> I think it's actually more the rosey cheeks on such a fair skinned girl that give it the appearance that she's hot. It's really not all that bad, and I'm sure the parents are used to seeing her skin even more rosey than it comes across; either way, I don't think it's anything we should be commenting on for YOUR sake! "Wonderful pictures" is the summary!</EDIT>

This is such a cute set though! I like the simple wardrobe and the faces and eyes are captured very well. I can't wait 'til my girls are old enough to know they're posing for a camera!!!!

Ah, I love your shots.

3 was awesome. Something about the slight bit of that green against the reds of her skin and the stark white of the hat, combined with the character that the hat lends. Something about kids and hats always seems to work for me.

8 really made me smile and laugh. I have two girls about those ages, and that's totally one of those "awww... they're being cute together!" kind of moments. Big smiles and genuine hugs. I bet the parents LOVE that one. The one personal problem >I< had with this shot is I think there is too much of the brick wall in it... I think that wall there combined with the older girl's bent-over posture makes it look like she's being pushed into the top of the frame. I don't know how much you've cropped this one, but I'd love to see the entire focus of the picture just moved up about 5-10%, moving the girls down a bit and putting a bit of negative space above their heads.

9 was adorable... the glint of her smile you can just barely see from under the hat and the row of cowboy boots just behind her little feet... PERFECT. Priceless shot.

As always, fantastic images. Thanks for sharing!

I love #2!

Thank you :)

Nawwwwwww. I like #5; very nice composition and the choice of B&W works perfectly. A superb set madame. :D

That is one of my favorites and the parents as well.

There is a good reason for that. It was about to rain and it was horribly hot and muggy. I was dripping sweat. Not much can be done about that. Her parents actually commented that they love when her cheeks go rosey, so to them, that's just what makes their kid who she is.

gotta go with #1. I love the clarity on her face and her natural smile.

camz
Simply Dashy Photography

I like that one too. Thank you.

Lyncca - Your photos are always so amazing. I love all of these and wish I could shoot people this well and this consistently. Hopefully someday I can get to this point.

What lens did you use for most of these....is this with the 80-200 f2.8 that you were planning to get?

I wish! Still haven't gotten the money for that one (or the 70-200 - still can't make up my freaking mind). They were all shot with my 35mm.

This is fantastic work!! Keep 'em coming :D
You know that won't be a problem, I have a little bit of an addiction ;)

casper need sun lol. either that or shes was over exposed hehe. i bet it would turn out good if you had a gold reflector or something that would put some color on that girl. not that it doesnt look good :)

I love her fair skin. Its what makes her looks so sweet and innocent to me. You certainly don't want to tan her on purpose. LOL It was also about to rain (can't tell can ya?), so a reflector wouldn't have reflected nothin'. We only had a little bit of direct sun for a few minutes.

This is such a cute set though! I like the simple wardrobe and the faces and eyes are captured very well. I can't wait 'til my girls are old enough to know they're posing for a camera!!!!

It was amazing the difference from 1-2 yr olds. I've shot a lot of 1 yr olds and good luck catching them! Brooke was old enough to "look at the camera". Then, I would just make faces or whatever to get the looks I wanted.

Ah, I love your shots.

8 really made me smile and laugh. I have two girls about those ages, and that's totally one of those "awww... they're being cute together!" kind of moments. Big smiles and genuine hugs. I bet the parents LOVE that one. The one personal problem >I< had with this shot is I think there is too much of the brick wall in it... I think that wall there combined with the older girl's bent-over posture makes it look like she's being pushed into the top of the frame. I don't know how much you've cropped this one, but I'd love to see the entire focus of the picture just moved up about 5-10%, moving the girls down a bit and putting a bit of negative space above their heads.

I can see that. I believe her parents are getting an 8x10 of that, so it will be cropped down quite a bit from the bottom for that. I usually try to leave enough room, because more than once I didn't leave enough room for the 8x10 crop. :confused:

Thanks again for the comments :) I'm glad everyone likes the pictures!

I think 2, 3, 7 are excellent. Some of the others I don't
care for because of cluttered backgrounds, or not
blurred, but that's my preference and won't be seen
that way by everyone. By the way, I make it a point
not to read the other posts until after I have posted
so as not to be influenced by others. Just a point
of interest. Overall, very good photography.

All the images look great. #8 reminds me of the maintenance robots in star wars episode 1 ... Seriously.. great shots...

All the images look great. #8 reminds me of the maintenance robots in star wars episode 1 ... Seriously.. great shots...
I might be the only one thinking this (or not) but seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

Anyways, in my opinion, these shots are wonderful. The lighting is spot on, the skin tones are smooth, the poses are great, and the kids look like they had fun during the shoot. The title is 100% true.

I think 2, 3, 7 are excellent. Some of the others I don't
care for because of cluttered backgrounds, or not
blurred, but that's my preference and won't be seen
that way by everyone. By the way, I make it a point
not to read the other posts until after I have posted
so as not to be influenced by others. Just a point
of interest. Overall, very good photography.

Thank you for the nice comments and opinions :)

What?? LOL At least you like them :lol:
I might be the only one thinking this (or not) but seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

Anyways, in my opinion, these shots are wonderful. The lighting is spot on, the skin tones are smooth, the poses are great, and the kids look like they had fun during the shoot. The title is 100% true.
Yea, you got me! :lmao: Thank you :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back