Two beautiful bondes....C&C please.

Montanamyst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my friend wanted me to photograph her two girls, and I thought it would be great practice. I did it for FREE, so if they are terrible, she isn't out any money. Anyway, I would like some C&C. I see many of my own mistakes, but would like some good constructive CC. I'm in my first photography class, so I'm still learning. The mom by the way loved them. I know I have some blown highlights, but not sure how to get rid of them in PS. I'm not great at editing yet.

Thanks!

1. $DSC_0127.jpg

2.$DSC_001000.jpg

3.$DSC_0113.jpg

4.$DSC_0303.jpg

5.$DSC_0068.jpg

Attachments

• $DSC_0109.jpg
    $DSC_0109.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • $DSC_0128.jpg
    $DSC_0128.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
  • $DSC_0369.jpg
    $DSC_0369.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Lovely shots, very difficult to take because of the children (never work with animals or children). My only critique is for the last shot where you cut the top off the chair. That is the ONLY thing that makes that ONE shot look a little amatuer. Great work!

Really nice photos...

Really nice shots.

Thanks guys! I see some hot spots and I need to work on shooting in sunlight. Of course my best stuff is in open shade, but the mom wanted some done in the field of flowers, and even though it was around 6:30pm, I still had a hard time with the direct sunlight.

4,6, and 7 I love!

1- don't shoot up the nose
2- baby hand chopped off
3- feels awkward/pose

Great work for just learning!

They all appear to be over-exposed. Were you shooting in manual mode? #2 should be portrait format #8 should be leveled (no tilt) Other comments exactly right.

They all appear to be over-exposed. Were you shooting in manual mode? #2 should be portrait format #8 should be leveled (no tilt) Other comments exactly right.

Yes, I was shooting in manuel mode, with my sb700. #2 was portrait originally, but I liked this crop. Thanks for the advice.

If you wanted ....you could have charged for them. I think they came out really nice. Glad your friend liked them

If you wanted ....you could have charged for them. I think they came out really nice. Glad your friend liked them

Thanks! I don't think they are that good yet, but I appreciate the compliment!

I really like them. 7 is my favourite. :)

Well firstly, if the mom (client) liked them, you have success!

They are great photos, and notwithstanding the slight hand chop, I really like #2.

Well firstly, if the mom (client) liked them, you have success!

They are great photos, and notwithstanding the slight hand chop, I really like #2.

Thanks! That slight hand chop was a crop, so maybe I'll go back and take another stab at it.

Thanks or all the CC guys!

Most reactions

Back