What's new

Two different shots for C&C...

JAC526

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
1,329
Reaction score
237
Location
Cincinnati OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First is my first shot at nighttime long exposures:

In_the_Distance_1.jpg


Second is some flowers (I like how cool they look):

Cool_Flower_1.jpg


Thanks in advance...

Joe
 
I would have went way more with exposure on first one, also I think you're standing under a light which I think it would look better if you got away from a light source so you would get a more even landscape. I do my night time shots from 30 seconds to 5 minutes normally, I think some go longer than that. I just use bulb and time it because something might happen like a plane flies into frame or something and maybe I only want it going half way or something like a shooting star... a little more control. One more thing it has a lot of noise, I'm guessing the ISO is a little high I would lock it at 100 or as low as it goes.
 
Thanks for the tips....I guess with that long of an exposure its OK to use ISO 100?

I do have some more where I used longer exposures that results in complete lines of light...

But yeah I was standing on a highway overpass...so there were some lights above me.
 
I like the flowers, the night shot doesn't do anything for me. The monochrome look of the flowers is nice and it has a softness to it that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
Too much grass and shrubbery in the highway shot, but the flowers work really well. I might crop a little on the right and darken the bright areas around the bottom slat just a little bit, but it works as is.
 
Thanks guys.

I like the flowers too...the night shot not so much.

I guess that means I just need to practice the nighttime stuff more. And I gotta find a better spot to do it.
 
Here's another of the night shots from my first attempt:

Artemis_2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom