Two from the hair guy shotoshoot. Rip 'em apart!

beansprouts3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a big girl, so be honest. Thanks. One of them, most likely #2, will be used for a 1/6 page magazine ad.

n644112981_1633807_1796882.jpg

n644112981_1633967_1966077.jpg

And I can't spell. That was supposed to be PHOTOshoot.

Flesh tones look like they have a color cast to them... yellowish/orange. I definitely think #2 is the stronger image and lacks the hot spots that #1 has (depending on the target magazine, that may or may not be an issue).

Can't really see his hair too well, and you seriously need your monitor calibrated. Other then that, the 2nd one would likely be the one that's used.

Number two is the best of the shots but as already mentioned the real issue is that his hair kinda blends in with the background. Also the skin color does look a little off to me as well. What is the ad for? To be honest nothing here screams out hair stylist.

He has gone off on his own and is basically making an announcement as such. There was some drama surrounding his departure from his last salon and he lost contact with many clients. So he figures those who knew him from the old salon will see the ad and recognize his face and if they want to, they'll call him. He wants his ad to include "(New Salon) proudly presents (Name)", phone number, current spring color/cut special for new clients. I don't think he necessarily wanted the ad to feature him in action as a stylist. At least this particular ad.

I'm worried about where text will be going

uote=beansprouts3;1572781]He has gone off on his own and is basically making an announcement as such. There was some drama surrounding his departure from his last salon and he lost contact with many clients. So he figures those who knew him from the old salon will see the ad and recognize his face and if they want to, they'll call him. He wants his ad to include "(New Salon) proudly presents (Name)", phone number, current spring color/cut special for new clients. I don't think he necessarily wanted the ad to feature him in action as a stylist. At least this particular ad.[/quote]

That makes sense I was going to say that was about the only way I could see that shot working as an advertisement really. As an announcement that is. I however find it really hard to believe that there was any drama in a hair salon though.

:biglaugh:

That makes sense I was going to say that was about the only way I could see that shot working as an advertisement really. As an announcement that is. I however find it really hard to believe that there was any drama in a hair salon though.

:biglaugh:

Oh my gosh, you have NO idea! :biglaugh:

I actually like the first one more...

His pose in the second one just seems...odd...to me. The first one has more room for adding text too.

I don't see his hair blending into the background on either one, it stands out pretty clearly on both to me...

I think his face/head looks better on #2, but overall - I like 1 more.

There's a little white speck that I would clone out near his left (camera right) elbow on #2.

He looks kind of angry in both of them, or uncomfortable. In the second one, I don't like the little frankenstein bolt coming out of the side of his neck, and his right hand position is really awkward. I feel like they both could use a little more contrast, or atleast a black adjustment.

Oh I just might considering my wife has her cosmetology license

Then I guess you DO know. :)

I have the ad done, but I may redo it with the first pic just to see.

Most reactions

Back