Two Methods Of Skin Softening Compared

@adamhiram I have a large shop, in which over the years I've constructed a lot of furniture. I have a couple of drawers of expensive chisels, and hand saws, with the two I can make dovetail joints with perfection. I also have multiple jigs, and routers that can make dovetail joints just as perfect but in a fraction of the time. I still use the hand tools from time to time, but the machine cut joints get used the most. Like with PS tools, use what you're comfortable with, just keep an open mind on new.

I still use the hand tools from time to time, but the machine cut joints get used the most
LOL - I'll use a circular saw with a straightedge because I'm too lazy to setup the table saw. Then I'll use butt joints and visible screws because it's faster when something doesn't need to look nice. Then I look at whatever I built and ask "why didn't I do this the right way?" :p

Then I'll use butt joints and visible screws because it's faster when something doesn't need to look nice

You'd like my Kreg Pocket Hole Jig then.

can you share some insight on smoothing techniques you use?

90% of my retouch for her is spot touch up, lines, blemishes, etc. I use healing, cloning, paint brush. If I do too much touch up all the noise goes away so I have to add a bit of noise. I also do a lot of free transform to thin faces, arms, legs, etc. Add tone to areas as well, mostly hands as they are always blueish/purple. Whitening eyes and teeth, I'm learning how to do that in Lightroom because it takes so much less time than the method I use in PS.
And of course there are the big projects taking people from different images and combining them together in one image.

Most reactions

Back