Two new photos

Jrmdb3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, took some new photos today.
Tell me what you think. C&C's are welcome:)

Here they are:

This one is my favorite IMO

p1010144nx0.jpg

p1010161wp2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

EDIT:Resized the pictures, they were a biit too big

Bump.
C&C please:)

I don't really like the second due to the distracting objects at the left. The orange and the reflextion really distract the eye. The first one I think is nice!

I agree, that orange is distracting. Did you try that one in B&W?

The first one has a nice DOF, and good clarity, I just don't care for the subject all that much. Technically I think it is very well done, just not my style. :)

Yea, I agree with the orange. I just wanted to get the detailing dust on the elephant and see how it came out. No, I didn't try it with B/W. Ill try it. Thanks for the comments guys!
And yea, I still really like the top picture. The lighting is really good, the strucutre, the exposure, everything. One of my best yet, IMO:p

They just seem awkward to me... maybe its the depth of field or how the subject is placed... technically they a very good start however compositionally they seem lacking. Try to soak in the photos on this site and member's galleries to try to achieve that balanced feeling.

The problems I see is that the elephant photo isnt balanced, the orange too strong. The gumball picture also seems off because the brightest corner of the metal in the very middle is actually out of focus. Things to work on, good start tho you will just continue to get better trust me in like months when you start out you learn so much.

Thanks for the words. With the gumball one, I wasn't really aiming for the Top right brightest corner to be in fouc. Was going for me of a "close-up focus" and it grdually going our ofr focus the further it is.

Most reactions

Back