Two of my first 600mm shots.

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, 850mm actually as these are with the 1.4x TC on.
Went down to my local nature reserve and spent a couple of hours in the only hide thats big enough to photograph from. Unfortunately its quite high up as all hides tend to be so reflections were the name of the game!
It was a pretty quite afternoon but as I was walking along the hide from the furthest of the 3 windows back towards the first, this Cormorant came up from under the water right in front of me! He was far too close for 850mm and he cuaght me off gaurd so I had to pretty much hand hold this to get a couple of shots off before he dived again looking for fish. It was all over in seconds and he never came close again!

cormarant.jpg

And this Duck was having a rest, fairly ordinary shot but I really liked the colours of the water around him as the far off tree's and blue sky gave a nice split tone to the image.

duck.jpg

I like them. I like the reflection in the first and the diversity of the water color in the second.

Like Photo28 I really like that colour chance in the water in the second - a great day out it seems for you and some great first shots with that 600mm :)
looking forward to seeing more

J. e. a. l. o. u. s.

And that first shot is fan. tas. tic.

:)

Dmitri is spelling out what I am thinking!
You lucky one to a) have such a lens and b) have met that Cormorant! Good presence of mind, steady hand too! Waaaay cool!

Hello SilverPenguin

I've never seen pictures from an 850mm lens before!
How far away do you sit to make these kinds of pictures?
They are so clear. It's amazing!

Best,
Matt

Both of these shots are great in clarity and colors. I love the reflection in the first one.
What lens and body did you use? How far away were you when you shot them? Thanks in advance.

wow. that first shot, the reflection even is crystal clear. Congrats!

Thanks all, glad you like them :)

I used my Nikon D3 with the 600mm f4. With a 1.4x TC attached that gives you 850mm, because the 600 is so sharp you don't really get any real drop in quality when you put the convertor on!

Most reactions

Back