Two Photos - Some Flames and A Boat

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Didn't know where else to put these, mods can move this thread to a more appropriate gallery if need be.

First, a soft photo of flames I captured with my FD 300mm prime. I was about 50 feet away from a campfire my friends and I were having one night a few weeks ago. They said that if they hadn't seen me take the photo, they would have thought it was faked:

#1 - Flames
7335374496_24299f956c_c.jpg

Second, this photo of a boat upside down in a "sea" of grass was taken about two hours or so before the flame photo above. I really like how the boat and the grass were looking that day and glad I took this to share with all of you. I really like practicing with hyperfocal distancing. It seemed easier to do when I first read about it then it is in practice. But that's what everything in life takes, a lot of darn practice. This is a reminder to all of us amateurs.

#2 - In a Sea of Grass, A Boat is Flipped
7335378268_d807c325f2_c.jpg

I will probably end up cloning out the extraneous junk at top left of photo.

Anyone else do soft photos or practice at hyperfocal distancing? I'm glad I'm getting so many views and no critiques. This means either one of two things: They either are good enough that no critiques are needed or they are so horrible that no critique would fix them. Either way, I hope you enjoy my progression and the photos that are taken as a result.

I like the first one, I can see it as a background to something if you cropped the bright flame on the left side.

The second one I love the elements but I'm iffy on the composition I don't think it is really showing off the great details like the rivets in the boat. I'd love to see this shot taken crouched down so you are more straight on with the bow of the boat and maybe in landscape.

#1 Is nice but would like to see more of "the sea of grass" around the boat in #2. IMO.

I would have to move the boat. Where it is right now does not leave room for any other angle. This is only one I could shoot without ending cloning out a bunch of extraneous material. I do not believe my buddy is going to let me move it. I will ask though. Thank you for the suggestions and comments. Very appreciated!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back