Two pics of the Bruneau sand dunes

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two pics that I took that I really liked. They were taken at the Bruneau sand dunes, in Bruneau, Idaho. These are the largest sand dunes in North America.

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

2 is great but doesn't seem as sharp as it could be

That is due to my el cheapo camera. I have a new camera on the way that I just purchased off of Ebay on Sunday.

I like how you didn't set the horizon line right in the very middle of the picture... are the dunes really that lavender colour?

Just depending on the light, they can look almost white, gray, or near sunset, kind of lavender.

Here is the same pic, but with a Sepia filter applied. I think it looks pretty cool.

See edited pic below.

Last edited:
I like how you didn't set the horizon line right in the very middle of the picture...

"Didn't"?

I find the horizon quite centred in the second, and too much of a cloudless (i.e. non-descript) sky above. A slight shift of the camera to the bottom, including more dunes/sand and less sky would have made this photo better.

Hmmmm. While it IS more centered that I would have done, I still do not think that it is a "throwaway". To achieve your look, cropping a bit off the sky would do.

Thanks for the advice guys.

How does this one look? Better?

DSCN0411-1-1.jpg

hmm. Really don't like the sepia/red overtone... you can't distinguish the sky from the sand. In fact, in the original colours, the colours are quite dull as well...

Most reactions

Back