Two pictures of my boy. On a walk.

Bluffkin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Took a few pictures of my son and other things and my Mrs really loved this one. What do you guys think? I've actually downloaded the picture from Facebook and uploaded. The original is on my home PC. Has that reduced the quality at all? It looks like it has but it could be the monitor.

C+C Very welcome.

$10347183_10154209938485043_1678741886464965714_n.jpg

$10418166_10154203209380043_2722796353226857139_n.jpg

Thank you!

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with these as snapshots of your kid and memories to last. However, photographically speaking (talking in terms of "if a paid photographer had handed me these after a session", they leave a lot to be desired. Composition, distracting elements that don't contribute bur rather raise questions I don't want to be asking, etc. There's nothing about the shot that will be special to anyone who doesn't know your boy.

NONE OF THAT should be a worry to you. As I said, they're great snapshots of the kid. I have tons of those. I just don't share them up here because they're all special only to me.

That's all well and good. Thank you. I was hoping for comments about the picture itself though. I am trying to improve my photo taking and post processing. Is the contrast ok? Too saturated? Not sharp enough? Too much white? Not enough blacks? If you was to take this picture, what would you change?

I'm not concerned the picture doesn't apply to you, but I do want feedback on how the picture was taken.

Thanks

It looks completely fine the way it is.

Excellent. Thank you very much! Glad I am improving! :)

I don't see any problem with degradation. I think digital keeps most of the quality of the original, but you're right about some displays rendering the photo differently.

Both of these probably should have been shot in vertical format.

#1 is better because his bottle is away from his face, but #2 has some additional light reflected onto his face, but the bottle is partially obscuring it. This should show you how just a little more light for shot #1 would improve it. You see his cheeks are in the light, but you need more light on his eyes. Not enough to make him squint, but just a little more from some kind of reflector.

Additionally, if you are someplace where you can take off the harness for the shot it would be better as well.

So now you have an excuse to try this again. Take off the harness, hold something like a white tee-shirt just out of the frame to reflect light into his eye sockets (if he is looking just beyond it, the light probably will not make him squint), frame in portrait format. His mother can hold something white and be his eye target at the same time. If you can get him to relinquish his water bottle momentarily, you won't get any orange light reflected onto your model.

Yes for goodness sake take off the leash lol! I agree it is a fine snapshot. But as far as a "professional" photo the comp could definitely be improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! Yeah I regret the harness too. But to his left is a river and stinging nettles and my boy isn't scared of anything, better safe than sorry. I most certainly wasn't going for a professional level shot. If I were, it would be a better lens and light manipulators. Very happy of being told where the picture could be improved.

That second pic is the one. This kid has personality bubbling out all over. I can see it in the pics. He must be quite a little character. Great pics and cute kid you have there.

He most certainly is quite the character! Thank you for your warm comments :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back