Two pictures of my brother

Try a shallower DOF, a different shooting angle, and white balancing your camera. Also your editing seems like a little much, try working on your composition first then getting into editing in photoshop

go to a bookstore and start reading about photography.

its a good experience. I read about photography all the time. theres always something new to learn!

keep shooting!

I guess my camera's not too good. I couldn't get any shallower DOF because my aperture doesn't go too high!

I guess my camera's not too good. I couldn't get any shallower DOF because my aperture doesn't go too high!

The lower numbers give you a shallower DOF.
At the distance you are from your brother you're not going to be able to blur the background with a P&S camera.

Yes I understand f-stops. I meant my aperture doesn't go high enough, as in the f-stops don't go low enough.

Also I am using a Canon 300D, my lens is probably the culprit, as the lowest aperture is only 5.0

It looks like you edited out all the detail. Try a little less, or maybe a lot less contrast.

The lower numbers give you a shallower DOF.
At the distance you are from your brother you're not going to be able to blur the background with a P&S camera.

Yes I understand f-stops. I meant my aperture doesn't go high enough, as in the f-stops don't go low enough.

Also I am using a Canon 300D, my lens is probably the culprit, as the lowest aperture is only 5.0

Not true, your largest aperture is probably 3.5 at the widest focal length.

I was actually starting to get grossed out when loading the file thinking about "omg chat roulette" and trying to close my browser. His position looks compromised and i don't like the noisy background.

Most reactions

Back