Two quick shots of the hummingbirds returning

BillM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It only took a few minutes for them to find the feeder today, Over the next few days I'll get everything setup to get some good inflight shots. But this girls was nice enough to perch for me today :)

Nice. I like the bright blue eye in the second one. Saw one looking for the feeder in last years location. Time to put it out again

They are real interesting little creatures, there is one female that has taken ownership of my feeder. Others have to be quick to get a drink before she attacks lol

This is a shot of her from last year

Nice shots! love these birds but have not seen one in real world.

Set up a feeder DS and you'll have plenty of them to see :thumbup:

Nice shots! I love #2 more for its clarity and pose..it is in the eyes! The catchlight is good here. #1 seems to have too much green for an already green bird, but I suppose you get what you get when you are in a hurry and have no time to plan.

I just need to convince my boss that taking pictures is more important than work and i'll be all set Lzzie :wink:

The best lighting outside my office window is around 2 PM so I'll need to adjust my meeting schedule to allow for more hummingbird photo sessions lol

Last edited:
Set up a feeder DS and you'll have plenty of them to see :thumbup:
I have two feeders and suet for over a year now, but None so far. I get sparrows,grackles,Jays,Cardinals,sterlings, an occasional northern flicker and Red Bellied wood pecker. I heard they like flowers don't know if thats true but plan on planting some around the feeders. Most likely I will have a bee festival.

Last edited:
Well i have a half dozen Rhododendrons, red and white, around my feeders so I'm sure that doesn't hurt. Have you tried adding any red ribbons ?

No but sounds like a good idea.:thumbup:

Awww heck, those are very nice Bill. The last in flight is amazing, beautiful colours. Top of my bucket list is to travel taking shots of Hummingbirds. I need much deeper pockets though ;) I would start off in Costa Rica and then head your way. I would love to see these with my own eyes. Love seeing them and especially when this well taken. She sounds like a tough one Bill :)

All the best Bill, I'm envious in a good way.

Danny.

Last edited:
Wow! Those eyes are something else, I've never seen such prominent blue eyes on a humming bird, not that I've seen a hummingbird but these birds are absolutely stunning. #2 is perfect IMO Bill, I'm so looking forward to more of them. :)

Most reactions

Back