Two very random shots in town

Wozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nzgamer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was walking around town when my car was being serviced. Took some water shots I posted in the technical challanges and these were my other two favourites from this morning.

2275468743_0eda28eb54.jpg

2275468511_aa6a145ac1.jpg

The letters don't grab me. Can't make anything out of them at all. Photo is divided in two by your composition, so that is not too exciting either, so ... well, sorry. Doesn't work for me.

The other, though, sure does!
Nice elements here, mostly so the reflection, of course, but also the vanishing point, a bit of repetition (walls, floor patterns), interesting light dynamics ... so yes. That one DOES work! :D

^^^ I'd agree with almost everything Corinna said above, except I don't like the first one because of the words "of a" that are so clear but make no sense. I really want to know what the whole sign said now.

I like the second one the best, great composition and great contrast!

i like number one, my only qualm is i dont know what it says. I think it needs more DOF.

The letters don't grab me. Can't make anything out of them at all. Photo is divided in two by your composition, so that is not too exciting either, so ... well, sorry. Doesn't work for me.

The other, though, sure does!
Nice elements here, mostly so the reflection, of course, but also the vanishing point, a bit of repetition (walls, floor patterns), interesting light dynamics ... so yes. That one DOES work! :D

Thanks LaFoto - all feedback always welcome!

^^^ I'd agree with almost everything Corinna said above, except I don't like the first one because of the words "of a" that are so clear but make no sense. I really want to know what the whole sign said now.

Will throw up the whole thing so you can rest easy! ;)

i like the first one

I like the second one the best, great composition and great contrast!

I like number two too

Cheers! :)

i like number one, my only qualm is i dont know what it says. I think it needs more DOF.

Thanks - see below for mysteries uncloaked!

2278962640_c46abd44c1.jpg

"The harbour is an ironing board
Flat iron tugs dash smoothing toward any shirt of a ship,
any pillowslip of a freighter
they decree must be ironed flat,
as washing from the sea"

??? :confused: :scratch:

I think, the mystery is STILL only partly uncloaked...

"The harbour is an ironing board
Flat iron tugs dash smoothing toward any shirt of a ship,
any pillowslip of a freighter
they decree must be ironed flat,
as washing from the sea"

??? :confused: :scratch:

I think, the mystery is STILL only partly uncloaked...

PARTLY uncloaked?

It has donned a SECOND cloak!

Wellington is a very artistic city - as you can see from the statues in the photo challanges, there are odditys (odd people too - such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanket_man )

Heres more on those words:

From the AA things to do:

It's the perfect self-tour for those with a taste for well-chosen words and phrases, and a passion for the capital city.

The Writers' Walk in Wellington will take you on a journey of the mind and the senses as it pairs harbour views with poems that resonate with the essence of the city.

Featured are eleven poems cast in stone from the pens and keyboards of distinguished and accomplished writers who, at some point in their lives, have called Wellington home.

They include literary greats such as Katherine Mansfield, Robin Hyde, Denis Glover, Bruce Mason and Vincent O'Sullivan.

Look out for James K Baxter's sculpture, which appears to float on the surface of the Te Papa pool.

You can’t help but be inspired by the images these literary gems evoke. For instance, the celebrated Wellington poet Lauris Edmond writes:

“It's true you can't live here by chance, you have to do and be, not simply watch or even describe. This is the city of action, the world headquarters of the verb.”

In other words, get out there and enjoy Wellington, and enjoy life!

More on Wellington:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington

Oh and the Mountain Biking is fantastic! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back