Typical noob question. What camera?

Love that ISO 100 noise the Canon sensors hide down there in the shadow zones...

Note: I never mentioned DxO ark, but you keep trying to discredit their test results every time they are borught upo on TPF. Over and over, for years now, and constntly try ti discredit the people who do look at the test results that show how far Sony has come and how far behind Canon lags.

The image I posted above is from dPreview, not DxO Mark.

I love the caerefully-crafted writing donme in an effort to obfuscate and hide the basics: SONY now makes sensors used in cameras made and sold by Sony, Fuji, Hasselblad,Pentax, and Nikon. ANY one of those brands of cameras can be purchased with a sensor that is not mnade by Canon. Seems like five against one in terms of camera brand choices.

Repeatedly trying your damndest to discredit scientific test results from DxO Mark or dPreview, etc..to me, that smacks of Canon fanboyism. Tepeatedly, for years on end, trying soooo hard to discredit tests that show that Cnaon has sensor technology deficiencies, that smacks of fanboyism toi me.

Sure, Canon makes good cameras. But has second-tier sensors.

No need to bring up DxO Mark...just look at the ISO 100 pattern noise the Canon features. Not a lot of "science" there...just simple, empirical testing shows the flaw.

Attachments

• Sony Sensor vs Canon sensors.JPG
    Sony Sensor vs Canon sensors.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
right, some of the Canon models "crush" the Nikon cameras for ISO "noise' but it depends on the model
It's not necessarily just the "model" - it's the settings too.

A Nikon D810 beats the Canon 5D III in DR and noise if you're shooting at base ISO.
If you crank up the ISO, the cameras trade places.

So what you should choose really should depend on how you plan to use it.

Love that ISO 100 noise the Canon sensors hide down there in the shadow zones...
Derrel,

I'm going to cut you off and just leave it at this (I am not planning to make this thread my new career).

Please go through your Lightroom library and count up the number of images you shoot at ISO and then crank them up by +5 stops.

I'm happy to go through my Lightroom library and find the images that I shot natively at ISO 6400.

I bet I find more images than you do!

Canon users need not worry about being able to do this...

https://petapixel.com/2014/11/24/creative-underexposure-nikon-dslrs/

This type of ISO-invariant image quality and AMAZING image revcovery capability is something Canon users hate to hear about...it's from the company that has the world's leading sensors....this is what Fuji, Pentax, Hasselblad, Nikon, and Sony shooters can do at will...

MY lightroom library is filled with shots like these in this article....but being a Canon guy, you obviously would not know about this...since youyr company;'s high0-end pro and consumer cameras simply look like garbage when this typoe of exposure techniquer is used...

This is is what Sony invented back in 2009...Canon has yet to catch up.

If you need to get in the last word, go ahead....I'm done reponding to this thread...

Derrel,

I'm going to cut you off and just leave it at this (I am not planning to make this thread my new career).

Please go through your Lightroom library and count up the number of images you shoot at ISO and then crank them up by +5 stops.

I'm happy to go through my Lightroom library and find the images that I shot natively at ISO 6400.

I bet I find more images than you do!

right, "native" ISO 6400 - no problem.
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

As a recent convert to mirrorless let me say that I truly believe the DSLR is on borrowed time. The mirrorless cameras are smaller, lighter and some of them have a significant system of lenses and accessories behind them (those wouldn't be Nikon or Canon by the way.) They Fujifilm line which I have adopted even has better build quality and image quality than most DSLR's. Imagine cameras and lenses made of metal instead of plastic. I don't have any experience with the Sony mirrorless line but it should also be in your list of considerations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back