Photos OK to edit
01-color-edited.jpg

click here to see the black&white photo

Nikon D40 | NIKKOR VR 105mm f2.8G IF-ED SWM
ISO 100 | f-stop 4 | length 105mm

Oh yes. You can say so!
It sure is a portrait.
And a strong one, too!

Your treatment is interesting, what did you do, other than partially desaturate the photo, and what colours did you take out and how far, you remember?

LaFoto
Thanks hope you like my treatment !
First i didn't make sharp for the photo
i edit the colors and the contrast
i removed 35% from the yellow
i made a edit with 35 % yellow to make it little dark
i pot 20 % red and blue
i remove 35 % green
i pot 10 % magenta
after that i merged the layers and i Duplicate it
i pot the Duplicated Layer as Multiply and i erased the the dark places to give the emotional feels on the Photo.

if you need anythings else just tell me : )

Thanks for the explanation. I will try that - though so far I have not yet come across a FACE this solemn, yet young, and inquisitive ... to merit this treatment. My daughter would NOT LIKE her face being treated like that, I guess.

Oh - but this girl and her eyes are ........................ really special!
And her skin is still so young and so pure and so without blemishes and all! And then those EYES!!!!
What cased the reflection (triangle in her eyes) that also caused the cheek to almost be blown (too "hot" ... i.e. too bright)?

Your photos are amazing. They are very sharp!! This is the best portrait I have seen in awhile! There is so much emotion in the picture.

I have great respect for you.

These shots are incredible.

Great portraits. They really capture the spirit of the subjects and give us a window into their personalities. I really like the treatment you've given the first shot, just goes to prove that the saturation slider is a bi-directional device.

BTW. I'll be in Ras Al Khaimah at the end of next week - another bit of the U.A.E. I'll have seen, albeit briefly.

zendianah
I'm really happy because you like the photos , thanks for passing dear ^__^

The lens i used for the boy is ( NIKKOR VR 105mm f2.8G IF-ED SWM )
The lens i used for the girl is ( NIKKOR AF 85mm f1.8D )

----- ----- -----

Kabluey
Thank me to i respect the people like you, I'm happy because you like the photos , Thanks for passing ^__^

----- ----- -----

Chris of Arabia
I'm happy because you like the photos, i always like to take the photos with the natural light , because it's gives the real life emotions , Thank man for passing ^__^

-----

Best regards
Sultan AlZaabi

Why did you shoot these portraits as horizontal and not vertical?

skieur

Most reactions

Back