mblanton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
joe.jpg

My friend competes in the ametuer division of the UFC. He needed a photo for a promo and this is what I came up with.

Scary lookin' dude. Does he have a name so we can keep an eye out for his career? :)

If it is possible I would try and re-take this shot. The image appears to be out of focus, the lighting is a little dark, there is a graininess in the image that either was brought out in pp or the ISO was set too high and although the composition is ok but I would like to see several poses and some full body shots as well.

Alright... I gotta say it...

If the guy is contracted to the UFC, then he's a UFC fighter. I'm a huge MMA fan and it makes me scratch my head when people refer to the sport of Mixed Martial Arts as "Ultimate Fighting".

The picture looks good though. If you're looking for other ideas... the UFC has a TV show called The Ultimate Fighter where amateurs compete for a UFC contract. The gym they train in has huge portraits up of fighters after fights. They look amazing... like the guy just got out of the octagon, pushed in front of a backdrop and had his picture taken. Might be a neat series for him if he's interested... take some candids after a fight.

Amateur division of UFC...LOL
Maybe amateur MMA, but there is no UFC minor league. ;-)

You need some more lighting.

Specifically, it would be best to capture some light behind him so his hair doesn't mix with the background.

Overall, too, it needs some more lighting.

The pose is good, although with the lack of lighting leaving a shadow, it appears his wrist is VERY tiny.

WEC maybe?

Maybe... I guess I think "amateur" means little to no pay. Who knows.

I still say a cool picture would be an after-fight portrait. Some other things to think about... I don't know if I'd look at that picture and think MMA fighter. He looks tough and could probably rip my arms off and beat me with them but no MMA fighter fights with a shirt on. Maybe lose the shirt and add some MMA gloves to give it some more context??? Just a few ideas.

Most reactions

Back