UGH! How do I get rid of that SHADOW!!!!

I say more toys!!! Off Camera Flash!!! When God said "let there be light" He was talking about off camera flash!

Faster glass can help, too. I went from using my kit lens with a maximum aperture of f/3.5 to a 50mm f/2 and it made a big difference. You can also bump your ISO up instead of using the flash, but your image will be grainier. I'd experiment and see what works for you.

I've been known to bend a piece of printer paper in half for use as an quick-n-dirty flash diffuser. It works surprisingly well.

You could always create a clipping path (using the pen tool in Photoshop) and place the subject on any background you want...

babsbg.jpg

Take picture from different angle and tilt your camera vertically and stay far from anything that's going to become a backdrop. Walls, toys, furnitures, etc that way the shadow will wash away on the floor

Just bounce the flash off of the ceiling. There are tons of DIY flash modifiers you could use on your built in flash, but ideally, buy a normal ttl flash with bounce capability.

Using an Off Camera Flash is hard when Im chasing my crazy 1 year old around trying to take a picture! I haven't purchased a photo editing software yet! I guess I need to do that! I have only had the camera a week! :)

Using an Off Camera Flash is hard when Im chasing my crazy 1 year old around trying to take a picture! I haven't purchased a photo editing software yet! I guess I need to do that! I have only had the camera a week! :)

Ohh I know what you can use, the shoe cord! Forgot all about that. That way you can have it off camera and hold it on your hand in a different direction. Get a cheapo one off Amazon/Ebay for now. That's what I have but I hardly use it

You can strategically bend white business card to a 45° angle and tape it to your flash so that the light from the flash bouces off it onto the cieling then back onto your subject.

You can strategically bend white business card to a 45° angle and tape it to your flash so that the light from the flash bouces off it onto the cieling then back onto your subject.

Ehh crap, I forgot she's not using external flash. How stupid of me :thumbdown:

You can also get the gary fong puffer. I heard it works very well from reviews. Check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
setup a full studio with a Hugh soft box and have great light any where in the room. just joking. but I love this thread cause Im learning a ton from all the suggestions! thanks all

Better posing, better camera angle, and a simple reflector will help fill in the shadows. Reflectors can be white boards, white t-shirts, aluminum foil, etc.

Most reactions

Back