Ugh...I just had to fire someone.

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hate doing it but it had to be done... It was messy too- she left crying. I wish I could have given her another chance but it wouldn't have been fair for the folks who I've canned for doing the same thing. Second day of Armageddon and I'm still sad. :( oh well only two more hours until i can go home.

Yeah. She wasn't very good at her job and lied about doing a few things and that just doesn't float on my boat. I'm real easy to work for unless they rock it. But now I have to replace her and that is also a pain. oh well there will be less waves ahead. I hope :D .

Sounds like her getting fired was a direct result of her actions. Try not to feel too bad about it. One thing I have learned is that a warm body isn't always better than no body. You'll probably find that she was doing more harm than good. Good luck in finding a new person.
T

Thanks PG!! That makes the assness(new word..just made it up:D) less extreme. BTW Congrats on the MOD job and if ya haven't seen my congrats in the congrats thread...ignore the kittens :wink: . :D

Been there....done that. It never gets easy, no matter how deserving they may be. Sorry you had to go through it, and now the hassle of finding the replacement. Good luck with it! :D

If the boss gives me the go ahead I'll be cannin' someone tomorrow myself. I usually hate doing it but this guy is driving me crazy. Hence the reason I'm still at work after 13 hours. Nice guy and all but hasn't retained one bit of info we've given him in the last 2 weeks. And he interrupts you all the time with "we used to do it like this" or "It makes more sense if you do it like this"...... Gotta get him outta here before someone punches him......

Been there, done that, too. Dealt with the crying even. She really did a terrible job, but the two of us did get along well, so it was tough but at least I could be honest about the reasoning and she understood.

Still didn't make it any easier though...

I've been pretty lucky in the fact that all the people I ever had to "let go" REALLY deserved it, and it was usually for something that required on the spot action. The only time it was hard was when I fired my own personal business partner! Well OK I guess that really doesn't qualify as firing him (since I was also half quitting :lol: ) but I have seen the ugly many times and it can't be easy. Oh well onward and upward, you did what you had to :wink:

look at it this way, if she was bad at her job then she needed to go a diff. route anyway, so you just helped her find the job that she needed by showing her that the job she had wasn't for her.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back