UK general election

GeeTee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So it's the big day for UK voters today.

Just wondered what the rest of the world thinks of British politics? Is it as simple for you as-

Pro Iraq war = love Blair

Anti-war = anti-Blair

....or do other factors come into play for you.

And my fellow Brits, will you be voting today? If so, what factors have influence your decision? (You don't have to say which way you voted/will vote as that should remain a personal matter).

I flat out refuse to vote. I won't go into my views of politics because I'd bore you to sleep (maybe this thread would have come in handy for Karissa?) and I haven't got time at the moment.

Ahh, and be careful people. This isn't a politcal debate forum. :)

Not interested in a debate, but I am intrigued as to what moves and influences people.

For instance, without getting you to write droves about your political views, I would be interested to know the main reason you won't be voting. Is it a general hatred of all of the options available?

The main reason? I think all politicians are slags.

I've yet to see anyone stand who I trust. They all come across as liars to me. They'll tell you anything to get your vote, slam the other candidates, and then when they get in power do exactly the same as anyone else would.

I'll only vote when someone who I trust stands. Someone who has the balls to piss people off as he puts things right. Someone who's looking to make things right for the long term at the risk of upsetting people today.
Or if it looks like someone in cahoots with the BNP has the slightest chance of getting in. Then I'd vote against them.

The other reason is that I know almost nothing about the policies of the people standing. Mainly because I'm not interested. So I'm not going to vote for the sake of it.

I've been told that I should vote because people have died to allow me to do so. I've also been told that if I'm protesting I should spoil my paper instead of not voting. But it's mine and I'll do what I want with it (if that doesn't sound too arrogant).

[font=&quot]This is only my opinion and it is likely foolish

[/font][font=&quot]As an America I do not see Blair as being pro-war but as pro-American. Why because IMO he had a very good relationship with Clinton and now with Bush it seem to be the same. From my perspective Clinton & Bush are 100% opposite so for Blair to work well with both of them he is likely bowing to the American Presidents on some issues. I do not know weather this is good or not for the UK :confused: [/font]

Jeff Canes said:
[font=&quot]From my perspective Clinton & Bush are 100% opposite so for Blair to work well with both of them he is likely bowing to the American Presidents on some issues.[/font]

'Bout damn time those Redcoats were put in their place.

Naw, I'm only kidding. I certainly do agree, Britain seems to be subordinate to some of America's wishes and wants. Which is precisely why they need a new party to take over. Losing such a tight relationship might take Bush down a few pegs from his pedestal. If we lost Britain's "support" on the Iraq War, I think us liberals might have a shot at ending this and returning our focus back to more important, domestic issues (and not Social Security, not so long as he is around).

i wish blair would stand down and let gordon brown or someone take over, just so i dont have to look at that smarmy, liars face for another five years

i wish blair would stand down and let gordon brown or someone take over, just so i dont have to look at that smarmy, liars face for another five years

I've heard thats whats going to happen....that fat little...$#@&* *cough* :lol:

Most reactions

Back