Under The Supreme Court Building Porch

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't know if I've got the curves and levels right...hard light to control, but I like the angle.

DSC_0006shadow2.jpg

Sweet! I absolutely love it! I love all your pics! We really do have some talent on this forum, ya know?

Great picture. Looks perfectly symmetrical, how long did it take you to position yourself right?

BrettG said:
Great picture. Looks perfectly symmetrical, how long did it take you to position yourself right?

LOL, took three attempts. On the first try I fell back into the doorway. :roll:

I would have thought so!!!
Geez. Makes me dizzy at even looking at the picture!
The thought of standing there trying to point the camera right at such an angle.... no wonder you fell backwards at first!

Great outcome of your attempt!!!

So when we come and see DC again, are you going to show us where to take these pictures. I liked the last ones I took there until I saw all of yours.

Great angle, framing, and handling of the light. You never cease to amaze me.

Hobbes, he can show us, but it doesn't mean our attemps will even come close to his shots. Nice try though.

I love this photo. If you hadn't told us, I would have thought this shot was actually taken tooking down, not up. Aweseome capture.

Well done mate. Great shot and I think the exposure is perfect (and believe me, I am really anal about over-exposure, in case you hadn't noticed... lol.. )

Top shot.

Don't even try it guys...your posts are every bit as good and better!!!! Thanks for your comments and would love to show you around this city that never ceases to amaze me! There's always something new and exciting to see or witness. Thanks again.

jonmikal said:
Thanks for your comments and would love to show you around this city that never ceases to amaze me! There's always something new and exciting to see or witness. Thanks again.

Washington DC is one of the few places I have not visted in the east.I just might take you up on your offer of a tour. Makes a world of difference seeing a place with a local as a guide.

On a side note, when I travel I try to find a local person, usually at a pub and ask them to show me the nightlife, I pay for taxis, cover charges, and beer. That has worked for me on several occassions and so far I have not had a problem, only good memories.

Good angle on the pic, how did it look in B&W?

Stronger even. Looks like the contrasts are better in b+w.

But my monitor is really crap - have been at my friend's all day today and also took her to this very PhotoForum and all the pictures were so much clearer (though letters on her screen show worse than on mine). So I can't really, really judge things till I get a new monitor (Christmas?)

It's a hard call, both seem to have there own qualities. I seem to be more drawn to the B&W. It may be that the brown in the color version kind of looks dirty throwing my eyes of the pattern. The b&w there is nothing to distract me from the symetery, as LaFoto said it is a "stronger image" at least in my eyes also, I am sure others will prefer the color version :)

Most reactions

Back