Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4556063514_cb2bbe7b1a.jpg

This is a self portrait.
Camera: Canon 40D
Lens: Asahi 50mm
Lighting: One light to the right with a red gel on it & one to the left with a blue gel.
Props used: Fish tank

4556064392_11c1e66257.jpg

4556125120_8fc29a39c3.jpg

This is really interesting but I feel like you could have done much more with this. Or were these just test shots, because that's what I think they look like. Maybe you could try it in a bigger body of water, because these are such closely cropped. But I really do enjoy the colors and lighting, :love:

I think the close crop is so we do not see the fish tank. If you look closely, you can see where here neck enters the water.

I think these are creative and well done for what she is working with.

All I ever had in my fish tank were fish ;)

This is really interesting but I feel like you could have done much more with this. Or were these just test shots, because that's what I think they look like. Maybe you could try it in a bigger body of water, because these are such closely cropped. But I really do enjoy the colors and lighting, :love:

The fish tank I have is only so big and I don't have the thousands of dollars to spend on a underwater housing for my cameras so this is the best I can do right now.

I think the close crop is so we do not see the fish tank. If you look closely, you can see where here neck enters the water.

I think these are creative and well done for what she is working with.

All I ever had in my fish tank were fish ;)

Lol. Thank you.

The fish tank I have is only so big and I don't have the thousands of dollars to spend on a underwater housing for my cameras so this is the best I can do right now.
No sh!t. :lmao::er: I know you said fish tank, not shark tank. :thumbup:It can't work in a pool?

You'd need a pool with windows in the side if you don't have underwater casings for your camera. Not everyone has them!

I think this is a very creative idea. I'd never be able to come up with ideas of the kind! They don't even enter my mind. Then I come here and see what people do and think "Why doesn't this occur to you, too?" Well. It simply doesn't.

No sh!t. :lmao::er: I know you said fish tank, not shark tank. :thumbup:It can't work in a pool?

Like I said I do not have the thousands of dollars to spend on a underwater housing for my camera so no shots in a pool or the ocean for now.

Also I was just thinking. I need glasses to see so focusing underwater even if I was able to take my cameras underwater would be a problem. lol.

Like I said I do not have the thousands of dollars to spend on a underwater housing for my camera so no shots in a pool or the ocean for now.
Yeah, I get it. It was just a suggestion for when you do hit the lotto or have the connection. :)
I did say I liked the photos.:thumbup:

Yeah, I get it. It was just a suggestion for when you do hit the lotto or have the connection. :)
I did say I liked the photos.:thumbup:

I am aware of the equipment I can buy. My wish list is very long. =P
You also said "It can't work in a pool?" so I assumed you did not know what underwater housings are. I was simply explaining why I can not use a underwater housing right now and you seem to not understand what a underwater housing is.

Last edited:
I like the first one best, I think.
I'm impressed w/ the fish tank... it must be one that has never been used with fish, because mine has way too much calcium build up and scratches on it to take photos through it very well.

Well, I am completely impressed! I think they are super creative. Jeez, I can barely take a self portrait in normal conditions...let alone dunking my head underwater AND opening my eyes!

So, well done, I say!

I like the first one best, I think.
I'm impressed w/ the fish tank... it must be one that has never been used with fish, because mine has way too much calcium build up and scratches on it to take photos through it very well.

Obviously =P
It was bought specifically for photos like this as a cheep alternative to a underwater housing.

Most reactions

Back