Unknown Tripod ?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by The One, Feb 23, 2018.

1. The One

The One TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have a tripod here that has no name, markings, or numbers on it that I need help identifying so I can find the quick release mount. It was in a tripod bag, with “Coast” labeled on it. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. SCraig

SCraig Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Coast Photography was a photo equipment company in California, I think. I haven't heard the name in a long time so I don't know if they are still around or not.

3. The One

The One TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It’s very lightweight, legs are metal, everything else plastic, but actually feels robust. The legs extend out once more than in the picture. Has a very small bubble level.

Attached Files:

4. The One

The One TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don’t even need the name of the tripod really, just a quick release that will fit this mount.

5. Destin

Destin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

Honestly, finding a mount for this isn’t going to be easy. It’s an older entry level tripod and they all had different plates; there was no real standard for a long time.

From the looks of it, this is a very cheap entry level tripod. You can tell because it has an all plastic head where the QR plate connects and because it has the braces that connect all 3 legs. You won’t find those features on any tripod worth using. As with most of these tripods, I doubt they even sold replacement plates when it was new.

You could go on amazon and buy a tripod of this quality style for under $50, so hunting for a plate that’s going to cost half of that doesn’t seem worthwhile to me.