'unsavoury'

first time i looked at it i found it funny :D really.

then my eyes try to focus on the lamp and teddy bear. then of course the dope itself. definately a lot, way too much to be taken in with the bill, also the bill is too clean and i doubt anyone, let alone a drug addict would be able to ballance a spoon on a 5pound bill... :lol:

and also how could you use that bill to sniff anything? it's not very well folded.

as a photo however it's really good, i mean lighting, colours contrast all is very nice, dof everything.

the teddybear is a bit much but it looks nice nonetheless.

For me the bear gives a loss of innocence feel that is important to the photo. A teddy bear is the first thought that comes to mind. The problem is that it is not very realistic. No one has a stuffed animal under a light. Let alone staring them down while they are about ready to get fixed. You are definitely messed up when on drugs. Use that to your advantage and try anything in it's place.

This scene implies to me that a mother has been sitting on the sofa, trying to get baby to sleep. Once baby goes off, she puts teddy on the table next to the sofa, gets up and carries baby off to bed. She then decides that this is her chill-out time and goes about her own 'hobbies'.

I wouldn't expect everyone to conciously pick up on this interpretation but the teddy and it's position is just so very typical of a home with a young child. To leave it out would be less realistic.

Yeh that was my intention. I wanted it to represent neglect and the possibility a child was near by. This wasn't supposed to be through the eyes of the user. i think that it looks too clean which leads to this interpretation:

"This scene implies to me that a mother has been sitting on the sofa, trying to get baby to sleep. Once baby goes off, she puts teddy on the table next to the sofa, gets up and carries baby off to bed. She then decides that this is her chill-out time and goes about her own 'hobbies'."

When really I wanted to show neglect and that the user didn't care there was a child near by or what happened to the child. i think the scence needs to be reconstructed ni the next shoot with a bit more thoguht into props but I think i'm going to keep the teddy bear possibly find a second hand one I can play with.

You've got paraphernalia of several different drugs in the photo. Trim it to just one. If it was heroine for example, the spoon, a lighter, and a syringe would do it. If it's cocaine the note, a mirror, and lines of white powder would do it. Having items from both drugs lowers the realism.

For some reason I want to say try powdered sugar for cocaine.

As far as the teddybear, I think it should be on the ground for some reason. That seems more fitting for 'neglect'. You might want to consider tearing an arm off it, or adding stitches so that it looks like it has been through hell.

Ok I may do that with another teddy not that one; it's as old as me! I got it on my birthday (day I was born). I don't really understand the on the floor bit, it wouldn't be in the shot if it was on the floor.

oh btw that is icing sugar. Maybe i should sieve it first to remove clups.

As Mod I'm not sure if I should appreciate you lot discussing drugs and associated paraphenalia here. Especially as you seem so knowledgeable.
Just be aware that you never know who might be reading this. I am sure, however, that the discussion has a purely artistic basis and is entirely for the purposes of ensuring realism in an image. It in no way reflects the lifestyle of any member and is not intended as an endorsement of drug use and abuse.

Sorry for the interuption. Carry on.

but now seriously, it's a very interesting topic, guns drugs rock and roll, sex, and so on are all power topics that all males enjoy to discuss about :D and it kinda appears to be daniel's style recently, remember that bullet shot? same type of subject. a power subject if i may say so...

Now I get it! The parent/child thing never occurred to me. Try a bunch of props ideas in the re shoot. If you stay with the parent/child theme consider a milk bottle or a teething ring. Maybe a scary clown in the background. Of course the possibilities are limitless.

Daniel said:
When really I wanted to show neglect and that the user didn't care there was a child near by or what happened to the child.
You should bear in mind that using drugs does not make someone a baby hating psychopath. The child would most likely be the least neglected part of their life next to their habit.

So to imply a neglected child, I think it would be fair to show a severely neglected life-style. That lamp looks like it could fetch £10-£20 and that table looks nice - maybe £5-£10? ;)

Most reactions

Back