Untitled - (Odd Canal)

TheJB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Need a title for this one. This is at White Memorial Nature Center in Litchfield, CT. It's a strange canal leading out to Bantam Lake. I needed to straddle the thing to get this shot (luckily I have long legs, lol). Overcast day and the whole shot was grays and browns so I felt this would be better in B&W. Still not sure about the conversion though. Something seems off. PP: levels B&C, high pass sharpening, channel mixer B&W, small vignette added.

I dig the shot, but not the subject. I the jacket is doesn't work in this picture. But nice other than that.

Ever mess with the shadow/highlight tool? It comes on a little strong, but dials back nicely and blends with other layers well (I think it's a Pisces :lol:) . In this example I used it to bring out the tonal range in the middle of the composition, then erased that new layer back, reverse vignetting to the original values so to speak, large brush, very soft.

I don't claim to know much about the art form, and hope you find this example interesting technique wise, VS me arrogantly modifying you work. I probably jacked it, but try that tool out and see if you are compatible.

-Shea

thejb-tfp-bNw-cnrsn.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back