Untitled Set C&C Please

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by InnatelyKait, Feb 28, 2012.

1. InnatelyKait

InnatelyKait TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [imglink]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/6939917379_ceb931a3c2_b.jpg[/imglink]
    "Untitled Set" Part 1 of 2
    Faust Park
    Saint Louis, Missouri

[imglink]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6793802002_17edcdaec6_b.jpg[/imglink]
    "Untitled Set" Part 2 of 2
    Faust Park
    Saint Louis, Missouri

This photo was my first award winning photo and also my first sale.

I learned a lot shortly after these photos about photography business and just how subjective art can be. Also, everyone is a critic. These photos won awards yet almost half the people who saw them at other gallery shows had nothing good to say.

2. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    There's a really nice mood to both of them. I like the first one better of the two, personally, for whatever that's worth.

I like the building in the second shot, but you shot it dead-on so it's very flat which takes a lot of life out of it. I think if it weren't for that I'd like the second one better and I think it would also have more impact by quite a bit of the two.

Out of curiosity... does your camera shoot that aspect ratio or did you crop it a bit? It's kinda thick vertically, or so it seems.

3. InnatelyKait

InnatelyKait TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

It was one of my first actual "I'm really trying here" photos so I'm thinking it was the camera aspect ratio. The camera I was using shot 4x5 photos.

And everyone always likes the first one better. I completely agree.