Untitled Set C&C Please

InnatelyKait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
[imglink]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/6939917379_ceb931a3c2_b.jpg[/imglink]
"Untitled Set" Part 1 of 2
Faust Park
Saint Louis, Missouri

[imglink]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6793802002_17edcdaec6_b.jpg[/imglink]
"Untitled Set" Part 2 of 2
Faust Park
Saint Louis, Missouri

This photo was my first award winning photo and also my first sale.

I learned a lot shortly after these photos about photography business and just how subjective art can be. Also, everyone is a critic. These photos won awards yet almost half the people who saw them at other gallery shows had nothing good to say.

There's a really nice mood to both of them. I like the first one better of the two, personally, for whatever that's worth.

I like the building in the second shot, but you shot it dead-on so it's very flat which takes a lot of life out of it. I think if it weren't for that I'd like the second one better and I think it would also have more impact by quite a bit of the two.

Out of curiosity... does your camera shoot that aspect ratio or did you crop it a bit? It's kinda thick vertically, or so it seems.

There's a really nice mood to both of them. I like the first one better of the two, personally, for whatever that's worth.

I like the building in the second shot, but you shot it dead-on so it's very flat which takes a lot of life out of it. I think if it weren't for that I'd like the second one better and I think it would also have more impact by quite a bit of the two.

Out of curiosity... does your camera shoot that aspect ratio or did you crop it a bit? It's kinda thick vertically, or so it seems.

It was one of my first actual "I'm really trying here" photos so I'm thinking it was the camera aspect ratio. The camera I was using shot 4x5 photos.

And everyone always likes the first one better. I completely agree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back