Untitled x3 - CC pls

ypperin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our local grocery store is on strike (for xmas no less) Here are a couple shots around the area

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

I don't know. Your photos aren't bad by any means, but I don't get any feeling from them. I do like the contrast in the last one.

Thank you very much for the comments :) Pictures don't always have an emotional impact on people, but an objective overview was very much appreciated :D

I feel like the first to are way to grey. They just don't do much at all because of how flat they are. Even the last one too.

Though I don't think it possible to rid the grey-ness in the first one, the others can look a little flat because of what's around the subject for sure.

Well, I for one do not like the heavy contrasts in the last at all. I find the white blinding, and very distracting from what little else there is in the photo at all.

The first is supposed to feature that red --- whatever is the word for this, it can't be "hat" nor "cap" nor "hood", can it? --- but I don't think composition is really this good. Maybe if you had bent your knees some more, and had not gone for the bow in the parked trolley ... don't know. Just trying to figure out in my mind what could have made this photo "speak" some more.

I can't quite follow the other posters' assessment of 2 as being too grey overall, for I can see some clear black and also some clear white. Black in the puddle, white in the car in the background (which isn't helping this photo, though). And all sorts of grey inbetween. So to my mind, with regards to its tones, this one is the best. And the way someone stacked this one trolley to all the rest is at least ... rare. Pity about that doorway and all that is behind that door. It clutters the photo unnecessarily, or let's put it this way: composing this would have been easier if that background had been simpler.

I Like the Second One...

Thanks so much for the comments :)

Yes number two I was kind of stuck with what I had for a background unfortunately, though in all honesty it kept me busy on the strike line taking shots LOL and is, at the very least, helping me to tweak my skills :D

As for the first shot, I totally agree on the angle and I have a few at different angles that might be more appealing though with regards to the "subject" I didn't place it, I just walked by and there it was LOL!

they dont seem to show the strike you were talking about much. Maybe in the second one a little.

The second one is the strongest here. It's visually interesting, with the humorous element of the overturned cart at the top. The BW conversion is also well done, sharp, and contrasty without sacrificing grays. The only thing that bothers me is the car in the background. I love the line of carts, so maybe there's a vertical crop that can still retain that line, but remove the car.

The third to me, is too far on the contrast.

As for the first, I'm a fan of repetition in composition, but only if it lends itself to some other element, texture, line, or color/contrast, which onfortunately, I don't get from it. The hat is too centered here, for my tastes. I know the rule of thirds and such, but in that photo, I'd suggest throwing it out the window. Put the bright red element in an extreme color, and choose an angle that emphasizes the line of carts in a unique way. As for color, you can go two ways. Try to do some micro curves work in the grays to differentiate the shades, or really make the red pop and have the gray almost fade into just a texture in the background.

Most reactions

Back