TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unwillfullsubmission.jpg

to be honest, i dont get it.
but i really like the texture in the wall below the window.

Its a photo of a very uninteresting white painted wall with some other very distracting elements thrown in.

I like it. There are words Im trying to say to discribe the story that my brain is getting from this, but cant seem to unscramble them. I know the words, Horror Apocolyptic is in there. Will come back to that........

Its about not accepting the inevitable.Not facing it which does nothing to change that
fact that it is going to happen whether you face it or not.
that and I kind of wanted to make a scene to see what it may look like. We all will know when they are on their way. How will we face it? You can't run and there is no where to hide. So in this picture.. by not facing it he is still sort of facing it by accepting what is inevitable.

That is kinda my thinking too. The hooded figure, and the mushroom cloud seem to be a similar contrast. The fact that you cant change what happened(the bomb) but also, the hooded figure is hiding from a certain death, which would be impossible in that case. Gah..there is still more in my head, but I cant discribe it.

Very nice photo by the way. Here's what I got from it as thoughts rolled around a bit:

He is hiding despite what is happening. Everything he knew, everything in his life and all around him is now gone. He is taking up his instinct to run and hide from something you can't physically fight off, all going on in his sub conscience. However, conscientiously, he does know there is no win to this and dons a hood to atleast humor his instincts and himself. Also, he may not want to see what is happening.

The hood caused me to think "hostage," as those who have been abducted in the mid-east, but the figure with the hood wasn't restrained in any way, which sort of subverted that hostage feeling. The figure is slumping, as if in despair, but the hands don't tell me much. If the fists were balled tightly, I'd feel anger. But as they are, they're kinda neutral. Might there be some way to have the figure's hands be more expressive in your next try at one like this?

The hood caused me to think "hostage," as those who have been abducted in the mid-east, but the figure with the hood wasn't restrained in any way, which sort of subverted that hostage feeling. The figure is slumping, as if in despair, but the hands don't tell me much. If the fists were balled tightly, I'd feel anger. But as they are, they're kinda neutral. Might there be some way to have the figure's hands be more expressive in your next try at one like this?

I agree John. Funny you should mention the hands because after I looked at this once finished I was drawn immediately to that.
they dont seem to fit the apparent tension that should in play here.
I have to be more mindful of details like that for sure.
It should be an image of aggressive acceptance.... if that makes sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back