Upcoming celestial events...

$DSC_4441.jpg

Here was my brief window of opportunity a couple of nights ago. It has been reasonably clear EXCEPT on the western horizon for most of the week!

I drove about half an hour out of town to Kamloops Lake and hiked with my dog for about 40 minutes to this bluff overlooking the lake. It was a little creepy walking back to my car in the dark because I kept seeing the bluish-green reflection of my headlamp in her eyes when she'd look at me from the trail ahead!

I handn't even really realized I could see the comet until I got home and put the images on my computer. Not sure if I have even seen a comet before, so I was expecting a little brighter and bigger. I guess it would have been brighter if I could have seen it closer to the horizon. Oh well, it was a learning experience anyways. My exposure was too long to freeze the motion of the moon. Lesson learned.

We've got the same "Mainly Cloudy. 40-60% change of showers" for the rest of the week so that will probably be as good as it gets.

EDIT: The comet is that little speck down and left of the moon

But you got it! WooHoo! Let's hope for more (both better weather, and more posters! :lol: ) !

Most reactions

Back