Alert! Possible Aurora Borealis tonight and tomorrow nights!

When Nature puts on a free show, we should make an effort to see it. I'm picking up my daughter (well, one of them) and her BF and we're going to go to a relatively dark place to see. Camera and tripod in hand. So, who knows, might have something to share tomorrow.

Man - Darn! I may never get my Aurora Borealis on, nor a shot of a Cardinal in the snow, nor catch a Snowy Owl :( :( :(

I can now say that Southern California Sucks!

Unless wifey and I go to her homeland again......ahhhhh, another advantage to being married to a Canuck.

Saw it on the news here too. Unfortunatly we have fog, light pollution and more importantly cloud cover whee I am right now. Bummer.

got some clouds and high wind right now. Hoping to get some clear skies at some point tonight.

Or I'll just get drunk and fall asleep.

Status report: super bright lights but incredibly windy and cold.

I'm normally too far south to see the lights, but supposedly there's a chance they will reach this far. I'm far enough from the light pollution of NYC. I wonder if I'll be able to see anything.

Edit: Just took a peek outside and I can't even see stars tonight. Too cloudy. :(

I'm normally too far south to see the lights, but supposedly there's a chance they will reach this far. I'm far enough from the light pollution of NYC. I wonder if I'll be able to see anything.

Edit: Just took a peek outside and I can't even see stars tonight. Too cloudy. :(
It's crystal clear hear in western ny, stars galore, with no sign of the lights.

At a dark sky preserve in Michigan, if nothing else it's very clear tonight I'll get some star shots. Temp just dropped from 43F to 33 F and F is right I'm waiting a bit in the car.

Well so far the camera can see it, but it just looks like light pollution to the naked eye.

Not enough light to get any surroundings lit without blowing out the sky. Maybe a composite in my future.

Got screwed by clouds in central NH. There were a few tiny breaks and we could see some super nice color behind them but then it completely clouded over :(

We got some nice curtains along the northern horizon, but we also had a 30-40km/h wind blowing so with the windchill maybe -20C. I had 3 turns of ten minutes each, and at the end decided that that was enough.

Most reactions

Back