What's new

Update on Sigma 150-500 HSM OS

benhasajeep52 50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
598
Well I finally got the information I was looking for. They replaced the lens barrel to repair the hunting AF?? Only thing I can think of is something came loose inside from its mount?? The lens was definately not dropped unless it was in shipping. Really dont think that was the case either as it was packed in its case, in a box, inside a bubble wrapped box. And there was no obvious box damage.

I have still not heard from Sigma on the new slow to focus fault the lens has now. My wife did a focus test yesterday. Going from close focus to far focus. The Sigma HSM takes twice as long to focus as my 80-200 D type lens! It's not hunting either, its just taking that long to turn the elements! I contacted them last week and again on Monday. Have not heard a peep. :er:
 
That maybe as fast as it will focus, it won't be as quick as a F2.8 lens
 
That maybe as fast as it will focus, it won't be as quick as a F2.8 lens

It is a HSM lens. It should be quicker than a typical body drive AF lens. Definately not twice as slow as a body driven lens. It definately was quicker when I first used it beofre it broke.

Just thought it was odd they changed the barrel, and nothing in the AF drive system.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom