Upgrading camera body, need help with lenses

where!?!?!?!? I've looked at BH, Adorama, Amazon, and KEH... Where am I missing one for $900???

i don't know if the 24-105 is what you want but like i said earlier, expect to pay around $1,000usd for any 'L' lens.

well not ANY L but you know what i'm sayin ;)

Remember, you always want to bargain on CL. I believe you can buy the 24-105L for $850. I actually have bargained down to that much and seller agreed but then I backed out because I decided to go for 24-70L instead.

I just need to trust cragislist - I wonder if I can get my brother to pick it up for me while he's working in DC this weekend :) He's a pretty big guy :) lol

I trust CL more than eBay as long as it is local and I can try it out.

I used craigslist for selling and buying products, always during daylight in public place or my studio - got a security camera rolling :)

I guess it's not really craigslist... It's more trusting the people who are selling the item... Especially when there's $1000 involved... I'm just afraid someone would take the money, not give the camera, and leave...

When buying a camera off of CL, how do you know how many shutter actuations there have been? I noticed that even on adorama and b&h, they don't say how many shutter actuations there are..

IGS, what do you mean by the first part of that? I get the exif viewer thing, but if they are just posting a description of a camera, how am I supposed to get the shutter actuations? I'm confused on the (burrow) laptop thing...

Jeffie,
Before meeting w/ the seller though, ask approximate # of frames on it.
Get a laptop or burrow one, install Opanda, its a free software, when you meet with the client, place YOUR lens and take few shots (make sure it works) in RAW. Copy the file onto computer, open it in OPANDA and look around for actuations. :)
Keep in mind, something I was taught years ago and its worked great for me, higher end camera supposed to have shutter life for over 150,000 frames. On average new cameras come out every 3 yrs so per year its 50k frames.
Next step is under what conditions was this camera used: if hobbyist - then anything in the ball park figure of 50k/year is fine, especially if its less then that. If PRO, that would mean extensive use BUT under what conditions? There are lots of variables but this is a general approach.

Good Luck

Most reactions

Back