What's new

Urban Abstracts (Mostly) from Baltimore (7 pics--56k, upgrade)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
98
Location
Houston, TX
Back in my comfort zone ;)

1. I finally went to the top of the parking garage across the street.
Yellowforum.jpg


2.
Stairsforum.jpg


3.
Doorforum.jpg


4.
Lightforum.jpg


5.
Elevatorforum.jpg


6. Oh, geez. Another vent.
BlueSkiesIIforum.jpg


7. I am interested to hear your opinions on this. It was shot in IR, converted to B&W and then colored.
Roseforum.jpg
 
I like the abstracts, especially the third and fourth. I like the first shot but I feel like I want to see a little more of the bottom.

The rose is really cool, I like the subtle color and dark foliage. I also like the soft look which I assume is partly do to the IR.

Great stuff!
 
I completely agree with you on the first one. Unfortunately, there's a wall blocking anything lower...

3 and 4 are also my favorites :)

Yep, the softness is from the air conditioning not leaving my flower alone for 30" :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot, pursuer!
 
:lol: VENT :lol: Great series here Joe :) I just love the second shot...lines lines lines :) Glad to see some new abstracts from you...
 
Nice work joe.
4 and 5 are my faves here. Love the simplicity of #5.
 
Haha, I thought no. 2 was a bit of an Amanda shot :lol:
Thanks Jon and Amanda
 
Yes. Yes you are. :lol: no not really, but something about it reminded me of your shots, and I can't quite put my finger on it...
 
You are the uncrowned king of urban abstracts! No doubt.
I was inspired by your photos and tried some myself, but mine do not come close to yours by miles!!!

(And if you have to share the "job" with spiralout, then do it ... looks like we will need to get "part-time chancellors" in my country, too, from now on - just joking, and you can only understand the joke if you know something about the outcome of our latest General Elections... so set an example for them and show them that a double-rulership/king-ship is possible ;););) )
 
I just realized what actually defines my preference in urban photography.

Really great work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom