Urban Industry Singapore HDR

amy.f

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I'm just trying out HDR editing.. Am not sure if there is a hard and fast rule to follow

staticmap

Attachments

• $image-1356703031.jpg
    $image-1356703031.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 135
This may appeal to some but just looks way overcooked to me..... Try toning it down a bit and see if you can still get the effect you want without overpowering it.

I would have to Agee with above post. This is way overdone that you are losing a lot of detail.

There seems to be two schools of thought, or practice when it comes to HDR. Those who do it and process it in such a way that the fact that it is HDR is not obvious - I try and belong to that school of practice when I do HDR. Then there are those who produce and seem to prefer the more "cooked" variety, for lack of a better term. Those that practice this form of HDR imagery, also have a wide variety of "interpretations" as to what HDR is - each to his own. Personally, it does not matter to me which "school of HDR practice" that you prefer, as long as you are happy with the results, because in the end it all depends on whether or not you like it - that is all that really counts - it is your art.

For me, I agree with the comments so far, it is way to over-processed.

I am not sure if you have looked at some of the HDR work of people like Trey Ratcliff - Stuck In Customs | HDR Photography, Travel Photography and Camera Reviews or Brian Matiash. They might help you decide in which direction you wish to go with your HDR. You can check out Brian's best practices guide here - HDR Best Practices Guide – Part I: In The Field | Brian Matiash | brianmatiash.com | Portland-based Photographer and Writer, the links for parts II and III are at the end of the Part I site.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the comments all.. I have done another editing but on other forums they prefer this one. Like u say some prefer overcook while other prefer realistic

I have done a tone down version before this do leave some comments

Attachments

• $image-3193787630.jpg
    $image-3193787630.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 106
The second version looks much better. Still looks more like a drawing than a photo (which can be cool in itself). Reminds me of something I might see in an anime film.

Thank you for the comments everyone appreciate it alot

For me, need to get somewhere in-between. First one looks baked, second one seems stock.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back