Used Or New 30D? Is it worth it new? 30D help, please!

Hfry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dfdf

Last edited:
Well, if the trip is in June and you get paid in 2 weeks, you should have plenty of time to get everything before the trip if you hold out. My main concern will be the condition of said "used" camera. How many shutter cycles, cosmetic, etc. If it is an open box, but otherwise new; than yeah. Other than that, just wait. If you are shopping for a lens to shoot the races, get something fast that has IS.

First of all, I hope you enjoy your trip to Indianapolis. I live down here and really enjoy it. As to your question, I think I would wait to buy the new camera. I bought a new 30D just a month ago off of Newegg.com with a 2gb Ultra SanDisk card. So far I have not had any problems with it and am loving it. I went with Newegg.com because they had the cheapest prices; however, I didn't go with a kit considering I already had a lens from my previous camera.

I've heard that lens is pretty good so I don't think you could go wrong with it, especially if your going to F1 race here, the IS will be of great help. An added bonus with buying new is that you have warranty with the product as well. Any defects will allow you to have it sent in and replaced. Once again, enjoy your trip. Get some shots of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument when you go!

I would go with new, you never know if those decsriptions are accurate on ebay....

I would wait for new as well. The 28-135 IS may be a bit slow if you don't have good light when you are shooting, but other than that it is a great carry around lense.

I would wait and get the new one definately. I have the same camera and I love it. I have a 28-105 lens and its not near fast enough for portraits and I am waiting for my 85mm 1.8 to arrive any time now. It depends on what you are shooting the most. I shoot mostly RAW and use a Sandisk 2GB and 4GB since they take up so much space.

Most reactions

Back