Kofman13
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Nov 7, 2009
- Messages
- 658
- Reaction score
- 4
- Location
- New York, NY
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Im looking to get an sb-600 for my D90 and I'm thinking to get a used one or not? On craigs list, they go for about $160-170 good condition. At B&H they are $220. Is it worth the extra $50 for brand new and warranty?
I'm a big fan of used. Just check it carefully. Ask the vendor when and where it was bought and hwo it was used. Look at it VERY carefully: check all of the edges for any sort of damage that would indicate it has been dropped or banged against something, download and study the manual, and check all the functions on your camera, reviewing each shot. Check the battery contacts to ensure there's no evidence of corrosion, and, if all works and all seems in good shape, save the $$.
I'm a big fan of used. Just check it carefully. Ask the vendor when and where it was bought and hwo it was used. Look at it VERY carefully: check all of the edges for any sort of damage that would indicate it has been dropped or banged against something, download and study the manual, and check all the functions on your camera, reviewing each shot. Check the battery contacts to ensure there's no evidence of corrosion, and, if all works and all seems in good shape, save the $$.
I've never used an external flash beforeoh man I'll forget all the functions to check... And I probably have to bring batteries too