User Group for Rude Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been gone most of the day and I just kinda skimmed the thread. Is this where I sign up to be in the rude group?

I've been gone most of the day and I just kinda skimmed the thread. Is this where I sign up to be in the rude group?

You can't be... you are British....therefore you are are polite and have manners, yes? ;)

No, I'm American, so it's my constitutional right, neh it is my duty to be rude. The Brits can be rude too, quite so in fact. It's just more condescending than ours is.

No, I'm American, so it's my constitutional right, neh it is my duty to be rude. The Brits can be rude too, quite so in fact. It's just more condescending than ours is.

I was giving you are hard time... yes... it is your constitutional right! lol! ( I think I had better go crash... too much Rum!) lol! I am mixing up my nationalities....

I am one of those who judges people by their avatars. I couldn't stand looking at Tylers old avatar (I like his new one BTW) but, I love mishele's. There is an avatar of a person on here similar to a guy who raped a close friend of mine and I had to block him. All of this may very well be foolish yes but, for me an avatar does say something about you. I'm not saying that the attacks were right how they were done but, none the less an avatar represents you.

I am more handsome than in my avatar.

This is true remember we went over that!

Just checked this thread back from last night. 10 pages. I struck a nerve.

It certainly proves that a user-group should be formed for a certain type of member.

The forum Admin can create a new user-group that does not include the beginner forums. Move members into it as they see fit.

This forum allows 13-year olds to join. The cowards that launch attacks on these new members should be banned, but for some reason they are not. Moving them to a group that minimizes the amount of bullying that occurs on this forum would be a step short on banning the members, and would help foster new members. There is too much Internet bullying that is tolerated.

Great idea, but the 'rude members' would need to be restricted to said forum. That way, they can be rude only to each other.

Kinda like "Go sit in the corner with all the other naughty children!"

And that would be the best section on the whole site.

I suspect that is the problem with this forum. A lot of people come here to watch the fight club, rather than come here for the photography.

Hey, who doesn't want to see a teen-age girl get picked on in public, right?

It is a foreign-owned, for-profit forum. Flamewars make for lots of Internet hits, like this thread has done.

Last edited:

It certainly proves that a user-group should be formed for a certain type of member.

The forum Admin can create a new user-group that does not include the beginner forums. Move members into it as they see fit.

This forum allows 13-year olds to join. The cowards that launch attacks on these new members should be banned, but for some reason they are not. Moving them to a group that minimizes the amount of bullying that occurs on this forum would be a step short on banning the members, and would help foster new members. There is too much Internet bullying that is tolerated.

So you saw 10 pages but evidently didn't read them. Including the response by Terri.

Maybe we should form a group for people who cause threads from hell but don't read the responses.

In my opinion, internet bullying doesn't exist. Its called "click" that person is blocked/ignored. You can't physically get hurt and you can always go to another website or turn off your computer.

Now if someone stalked someone to the point of finding them on Facebook and messaging their friends and family, that would be another story that would involve the police.

However, that's not what is happening in this case.

Plus, like the moderators ( the police of this forum ) have already said, if they see an infraction of the rules, they will hand out the appropriate punishment.

Brian, it's certainly true that there are a handful of sociopaths who have learned how to bully within the generous limits of TPF moderation policy. You can't do much about that except wait for them to get banned, which will eventually happen.

The best thing you can do is to contribute. Model grown up behavior, be both an example and a source of signal above the noise. Gradually, the tenor of the forum shifts.

I often wonder if the people that start this crap or continue to feed the fire, would do so if they were face to face. It's easy to hide behind a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back