What's new

Using Older Lenses on Nikon D90

tklboise

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 12, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Boise
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wondering if anyone has experience using older lenses that are not auto focus with a DSLR? I have some great Nikon lenses for an F3 but now I am shooting with a D90 and would love to use some of these lenses. If I turn everything to Manual is that all that's needed? I don't want to mess up the coupling on my D90 experimenting. Any input appreciated.
 
1) Make sure it is not a pre-Ai lens as this could damage the camera.
2) All Ai or Ais lenses are good to go.
3) Put camera in M manual mode. Change aperture on lens shutter on camara.

You're Good to go.
.
 
As long as their ai/ais they'll work fine. The F3 wasn't made to work with non-ai lenses, so that's not likely an issue.

Here's how to tell ai from non ai: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-153.html

You won't have metering on the d90, only the d300, d700, d3, d7000 (and older pro/pro-sumer bodies) meter with non-cpu lenses.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom