What's new

USPS troubles?

Mitica100

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
9,914
Reaction score
134
Location
Ahwatukee, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone else have troubles with the USPS delivery of photo enlargements, such as delivered bent or destroyed?

I ordered a few 16x20 prints from Adorama and they always do a spectacular job not only in printing but in packing as well. Well... They arrived today, package bent in the middle by the USPS, like they tried to fit it in my mail box. Needless to say, pictures were ruined inside. Adorama even makes sure the Photos, Do Not Bend! line is on the correct side, next to the address label.

I am filing a claim as we speak and as you can imagine I am furious as h3ll...:gun:
 
They should (they better...) pay for the replacements. I would be extremely pissed if they didn't (that's in addition to the 'very' pissed I would already be to even be in that situation).
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Oooh! I will make a special trip to the Post Master of this district and plop the big Do Not Bend box with the damaged goods in front of him. I hope he/they get the message!
 
When I sell prints that large out of my house, I have started rolling them and shipping them in mailing tubes. The prints lay flat again after a day or two. I have had USPS damage too much work. Those mailing tubes are very strong.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Talk about the ultimate professionals at Adorama! They offered to redo the order at their expense! If anyone has troubles believing that Adorama is one of the very few places with a good business attitude, please talk to me.

Adorama rocks!
 
Stress is not healthy, so being furious as hell will only shorten your life and won't really do much to resolve the problem. :)

The same thing happened to me a couple years back with an album. Vinyl! :lmao: You can imagine my turntable didn't like it.

I called the store right away to make sure they would keep the next copy they got for me and they told me they would not charge me for it. Nice. But the post office reimbursed me so I send the store the money when they shipped the next one.

Is it a pita? Yes, absolutely, but I always try and remember that I mess things up myself sometimes as we all do. At least prints can be reprinted easily. It took me 4 months to get another copy of my album because it is a fairly rare one. And it was meant to be a Xmas present... :(
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Oh no, I will not stress over that, mind you... But I am very aware that the USPS does the same thing to others, so I think that by complaining about the problem it will actually help others, or so I hope. :lol:
 
It may not actually be the Post Office that is the culprit, but service from a subcontractor. Still their responsibility, but may not be them. Why do I say this? I used to work for a subcontractor part time when I was in college years ago. We loaded the planes that carried the airmail. And of course some of our most prime citizens worked for them and took great care of the items they were loading.

They took care to make sure things were loaded as tight as they could, including kiciking things to make them fit in the containers or in the lower cargo holds. They would throw items from the plane to the transport vehicle / cart (lower hold items were just bulk loaded). I mean they were down right rough with items. It was only really a few of them that were this way. But I am sure several things got damaged nightly because of them. And the company carried just a drop in the bucket for mail. I am sure every company had people like them.

I am wondering what the Postal Service would even do? Just refund the postage fee and say tough luck?? Or they consider the package insured??
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
Either way, it's just cheaper for Adorama to run the order again and ship it differently, perhaps UPS or Fedex. I'll have answers tomorrow...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Update:

As of about three hours ago I am wearing a big grin. The order from Adorama has been reprinted and hand delivered by USPS. All is good now... :)
 
Well, congrats on it comming to a good conclusion.

So, what are these prints that make you so happy?? :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
So, what are these prints that make you so happy?? :D

Some landscape shots that I did in California. They will go up on an exhibit (with MissMia's work) at my coffee shop in the early January.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom