Uupgrade...?

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As my signature indicates, I have a Nikon D70 with uodates and have been pleased with it's performance. However, I have the bug to upgrade to a D300 of even a D3....no I don't shot professionally, but......

I am interested in any advise offered form those in the know.:D

hmm how happy are you with your lenses? Good glass is far more important than a good body so I would look to your lenses first and see if there are any gaps in what you want to be able to work with and also any possible lenses that you can upgrade

hmm how happy are you with your lenses? Good glass is far more important than a good body so I would look to your lenses first and see if there are any gaps in what you want to be able to work with and also any possible lenses that you can upgrade

Excellent point.....I have nikor lenses: 28-105 and 70-210 AF D's. not the most expensive and sharpest, but functionally. Suggestion???

I don't know nikon lenses I am afraid but a basic question is is there anything that you like to shoot (or want to be able to shoot) that your current lenses don't let you to

I don't know nikon lenses I am afraid but a basic question is is there anything that you like to shoot (or want to be able to shoot) that your current lenses don't let you to

Nope!!! However I would like a lens that could take in the focal ranges I now have. The 18-200 seems to fit, but many reviews I've read about it are not that good.

Wider range of focal lengths almost always spells slow and soft. I'd be heading to primes for better pictures, not more focal lengths rolled into one lens.

here take a look at these:
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/galleries/fauna-geese_and_ducks_of_racconigi.htm
the 350D is the bottm end of canon's current digital SLR range - and its standing on par with the high end bodies there. That is because the user is very good but also because he is using top end lenses on the body.
Its better to build your lenses up.

Also I agree with Alpha - coverall focal length lenses can be good, but once you have all the coverage you need its better to go for primes which will beat the zooms for quality (at that focal length)

Those are some outstanding shots.....I'll never be close to that level!

say that and it will be true - keep on going and you will get there in the end - just got to keep practising and staying posetive (having the top end kit does help though)

but you get my point - the lens is more important than the body its on.
Also lenses don't get updated that quickly so they will stick with you for a long time - bodies on the other hand get updated much quicker so its not long before top end is bottom end

Most reactions

Back