Valles Caldera C&C

Tkot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was up at the Valles Caldera here in Los Alamos on memorial day. Unfortunately I was sick and not feeling up to doing any fishing, but I did take the opportunity to snap a few photos. Just kind of walking around and snapping away, trying to feel better. What do you think?

sg7bxl.jpg

ip74aa.jpg

#3 My Dad catching a fish. Kind of a snapshot, but whatever.
35heayr.jpg

I think the problem that I had, is that not being from that part of the country and from that big Country to the north, I had no idea what the subject was. Out of curiosity, I googled it and learned something - thank you for stirring my curiosity - I will put this on my list of possible sites to visit when I come to Albuquerque next fall for the balloon festival. As far as the images go, well I'll try and be kind, they are really snapshots and the only comment I would have is that in #2, people expect their horizons to be straight and flat - ' nuff' said...

WesternGuy

Cool, it's definitely worth a visit! Just keep in mind some of the programs they have there are by lottery, so you should make sure you get yourself entered in them in time.

Yeah, with #2 I was just trying to be creative with composition. Thanks for actually giving me feedback!

Have patience, eveyone gets their chance to get beat up! I have some from earlier this morning that no one has commented on yet. Sometimes you just have to chalk it up to uninteresting photos.

1. I like the coloring in the sky, did you use a polarizing filter? As far as the subject, there really isnt any. The horizon is centered which is unappealing.

2. Not digging the crooked horizon, its making me dizzy. Water doesnt flow up hill.

3. Too busy, the bridge is going right through him, again, it just doesnt have any composition to them.

Go climb to the top of that big hill and shoot the entire stream vanishing into the horizon, there just doesnt seem to be much to photograph at that spot. Maybe wildlife is abundant there, wild horses or something, an HDR of the countryside, there has to be something there.

Hey thanks for commenting Ryan. Yeah, I know these definitely aren't my best photos, but why get critiques of your best photos? It's your not so good ones you need to improve. So that's why I was persistent about getting comments, haha.

#1 got that coloring out of post processing actually.
#2 well that's two votes against the horizon line. Oh well, was worth a try! Haha
#3 yeah, I see your point.

You're right, as much beauty as there is up there, it's kinda challenging for a photographer. There is a lot of wildlife out there but you have to be there at the right time or be out in the right place to see them. As for climbing to the top of the hill, you reminded me of a picture I took the last time I was up there...

2uo03k8.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back