Various head shots (outdoor/indoor w/ some bokeh)

FlakoFigZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Subjects are family/friends

C+C welcome, you're allowed to be as harsh as possible :)

1)
5016330709_31a908310b_z.jpg

2)
5016934138_04a9586b0e_z.jpg

3)
5024579493_ff32096c09_z.jpg

4)
5024582783_b973321915_z.jpg

Gracias for looking

I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be a great deal to critique here. These seem to me to be just random snapshots of heads. If you could give us some insight to your thought-process when shooting that would help.

I'm trying to make their personality show through their expressions, albeit subtle.

All while using a simple "head-shot", and a bit of atmosphere to set a certain mood.

Hope you catch my drift :)

I'm trying to make their personality show through their expressions, albeit subtle.

All while using a simple "head-shot", and a bit of atmosphere to set a certain mood.

Just my humble opinion here but I think to do this well you need to include more of the surrounding in order to 'place' the subject in his environment. OR completely isolate the subject from the environment. Or be very very precise in the environment elements you introduce in the image.

Look at the work of Yousuf Karsh for some inspiration.

Just my humble opinion here but I think to do this well you need to include more of the surrounding in order to 'place' the subject in his environment. OR completely isolate the subject from the environment. Or be very very precise in the environment elements you introduce in the image.

Look at the work of Yousuf Karsh for some inspiration.

+1

Most reactions

Back