Velvia no longer available in US

its not the most affordable thing around, and normally for the last year and a half been on back order..

I think Velvia 50 is better anyway. Of course, I have to order directly from Japan in 4x5 as only the smaller sizes are sold in the USA.

It's nice film but I may as well shoot digital. It is so clean and sterile looking to me. However, I can see the appeal in large format.

Velvia 50 is still available; 100 is the film that won't be available in the US. It's not compliant with current EPA guidelines. That film has been promoted as being more saturated color, etc. so maybe that's why part of their formula includes a component that isn't used in their 50 speed film.

Thats a shame. EKTAR is another that I miss.

Velvia 50 is still available; 100 is the film that won't be available in the US. It's not compliant with current EPA guidelines. That film has been promoted as being more saturated color, etc. so maybe that's why part of their formula includes a component that isn't used in their 50 speed film.
I just received a notice from The Darkroom that they won't be processing Velvia100.

So they've shut down their E-6 line?
No, they just won't process Velvia100 now that it's banned in the U.S. I just went over and clicked on their E6 Start Order icon and it's still up and running.

Due to the discontinuance of Velvia 100 completely, maybe Fujifilm will again make Velvia 50 in 4x5 available in the US. Ordering directly from Japan is expensive.

Sadly, E-6 materials seem to be circling the drain. Specialty processors or garage labs are all that's left for me. Think I've gone past the "more-trouble-than-it's worth" tipping point.

Sadly, E-6 materials seem to be circling the drain. Specialty processors or garage labs are all that's left for me. Think I've gone past the "more-trouble-than-it's worth" tipping point.
I use North Coast Photo in California and CRC Color in NYC. They both do very good E-6 and BW processing.
If you only want BW processing, you could try LTI Lightside in NYC. They're excellent as well.

Most reactions

Back