What's new

Venetian - Las Vegas

daarksun

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
414
Reaction score
17
Location
Las Vegas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a 32 image stitch taken in the early morning. Took a while to get each shot with no one in the pictures. Even at the early hours there are still a lot of people wandering around on the streets. LOL The shots were taken with my 5mp Sony F717 using a 20 to 25% overlap in each shot. Taken handheld. Forgot the tripod when I left the house.

Limited by the 5mp size of the camera I did a lot of image stitching. Allowed me to create larger files with an incredible amount of detail in the images. I print at 13x19 alot and the sharpness, detail and size are important.

The sky in the image is real. Most days in Vegas lacka any semblance of cloud cover. When you get it, better shoot while you can. Over the years our humidity level has jumped to 10 to 15% and we have had a nice two year span with lots of clouds on some days. Even more in the cooler weather when this was taken.

This photo was taken during the construction of the palazzo behind the image. You can see the monster cranes in the background on the left side of the image. These were left in this shot for historical purposes. It gives a more direct timeframe as to when the image was taken. I also like them as part of the image. It signifies Las Vegas' demeaner to constantly build and rebuild it's image.

The overall image is a monster.
venetian_sample.jpg


Here's another taken the same morning of Caesar's Palace just down the street. This one is about 21 or so images stitched together. Decided not to remove the street lights from the image. I think they look awesome reaching out across the image. Personally I do not find it destracting.

Caesars_100.jpg
 
Last edited:
Love the first shot. I have always liked the Venetian for some reason... maybe just the way it rolls of the tongue. Probably also because I enjoy poker and Vegas in general. Well done.
 
lol... thanks. There are areas of the interior that are simply beautiful and it's probably the most eye catching exterior on the strip outside of the NYNY casino.
 
Yeah, I stayed at NYNY a few years back. I also enjoy the interior of Ceaser's. Didn't take my camera with me when I went though... was more obsessed with getting to the craps table than take pics unfortunately haha.
 
I liked both of them; but i wonder why, stitched images looks so unrealistic; they look rather like paintings...

regards :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom