sunlioness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just arrived in the UK and I think I'm going to st
Website
sunlioness.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I said in the introduction thread I'm a total newb. I've never had a camera.
I went on a trip in May and borrowed my mother's Kodak Easyshare, a really regular cam and when I came back everyone has been telling me I have a talent I'm wasting etc.
To be honest, I'm not sure about it. I just think it's the beauty of the place, not my talent that made this photos good.

I'm a newb with photoshop also so I just cropped them, put a border and played a bit with saturation.

So, please give me some feedback, be harsh if you have to: Should I give photography a go?

Welcome - to answer your question, everyone with an interest should give photography a go! Now, on to the C&C per req:
1. Very nice pano, but I would like to see it cropped so that the central building is a bit off centre.
2. Very nice. It would have been nice to have a little more detail in the sky, but it's not blown, and good composition; having the canal lead your eye right into the middle of the image.
3. Excellent B&W! Same comments concerning composition as numbre two; the sky in this one is a bit of a detractor as there's nothing there. At least however, it doesn't compete with the main scene for attention.
4. Nice; this one could have been improved with selective focus to blur the background somewhat; there is a bit of competition between it and the main scene.
5. Hmmm... I'm afraid this one does nothing for me.
6. Nice, again following good composition rules, but it seems a bit bland to me. I think there may have been a better angle. As well, a polarizer would have reall made the sky pop; judging the shadows the angle would have been perfect.
Overall, I'd have to say 'Excellent' for someone new to photography. Most definitely you should pursue it! There are a lot of talented and knowledgable people here who would be glad to offer you advice and assistance.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary
~John

@PNA, if you mean the city of Sofia I haven't visited it yet. If you mean the name, it's Alexandra :)

@tirediron, thank you SOOOO much for the time invested in answering. It really means a lot to me!
Now can I bug you with a few questions? :)
1. Why do you think it's better that the building isn't in the middle? (sounds VERY newbie, I know!)
2. When you say more detail in the sky, you mean a)wait for some clouds to appear or b)photoshop some details?
4. I thought about that also, thanx!
6. By polarise you mean the effect?

@PNA, if you mean the city of Sofia I haven't visited it yet. If you mean the name, it's Alexandra :)

Help me out... where is Alexandra? I've looked between Athens and Belgrade and I can not find it.

Found it....my father's cousins live in Edessa and Thasalonikia, I visited them back in the '50s

Excellent shots! Most people that decide to give photography a shot for the first time usually end up with poor background alignments, poor choice of focal point, or simply don't think enough about the composition.

Granted your location helped you out with finding interesting subjects, but the rest was down to you and your camera. You're a natural, stick with it!

Help me out... where is Alexandra? I've looked between Athens and Belgrade and I can not find it.

LOL @PNA!!! I meant my name is Alexandra :D

When I say somewhere between Belgrade and Athens I mean I study in Belgrade but I travel often to Greece cause my family is there! I'm stuck in the ambivalence of my half Greek, half Serbian origins :)

I've never been in Edessa and Thessaloniki is a beautiful city but do you really mean it that you've been there during the 50's or was that a typo?! Where are you from?

@Tricky, thank you for your nice words!

LOL @PNA!!! I meant my name is Alexandra :D

When I say somewhere between Belgrade and Athens I mean I study in Belgrade but I travel often to Greece cause my family is there! I'm stuck in the ambivalence of my half Greek, half Serbian origins :)

I've never been in Edessa and Thessaloniki is a beautiful city but do you really mean it that you've been there during the 50's or was that a typo?! Where are you from?
I'm answering you in a PM......Actually it's hotmailed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back